Author Topic: Just last week  (Read 2004 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Just last week
« on: July 05, 2012, 12:48:56 am »
..I retrieved the media card from my trail cam that I put over a salt/mineral lick. This lick has been here for many years and during the spring and summer, when herbivores crave the salt/minerals this area becomes a major travel route. When you attract herbivores you attract carnivores.
  This is Flossy. She(or her ancesters) has been a regular around our property for years. She looks a little thin. I guess since she ate all of our hostas she doesn't have much to eat.  ::)

this guy looks a little shabby since he lost his winter coat...

...but this guy looks pretty healthy...
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Just last week
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 01:00:25 am »
That last pic is coooool  8)   Are you allowed to hunt those bruins Pat?   How far is that from your house?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 01:07:21 am »
That's a happening place!
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 01:19:17 am »
A natural salt lick like in Old Yeller.. That doe has that nice red clay color.. Yep. That yote looks hungry, but that's a dandy oso... Same one from last year? When's the season opener??  :laugh:

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 01:28:21 am »
Very cool! Ole Flossy doesn't seem to be too intimidated by Yogi, according to the time stamps. Thanks for posting Pat

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 01:38:56 am »
Showed my wife the pics.  She exclaimed, "That's a big (censored) bear!  Is that where you're going in a couple weeks?" Followed by, "You're not going to shoot it are you?"  She has a soft spot for bears.  Too many Winnie the Pooh stories as a child I suppose.  haha

I told her it's not bear season before she revoked my hall pass.  ;)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 02:10:47 am »
The salt lick is about 100 yards (as the crow flies) from our house. We can hunt bears here during bear season but I have never had the desire to shoot a bear. I just like knowing they are out there. The coyote is another story. I'd like the opportunity to take a shot at him.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 08:07:20 am »
Cool pictures Pat,the old yot looks pretty slim but will look a lot better this winter.
All I have seen this time of year look pretty ragged. Pretty doe. :) :) I have a few slat mineral lick around the farm,never hunt over them much,seems they get used a lot more this time of year than they do later on in the fall and winter,just kind of keeps them in the area and also good for them. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 06:04:52 pm »
Cool Pics Pat!! dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline lowell

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 08:23:23 pm »
Very nice pictures.

I have had a camera out for about 2 weeks and maybe check it this weekend.  May see deer and coyote but bear would be a real surprise!! :o
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 12:32:46 am »
Thats awesome! I have hundreds of pics.of a squirrel's belly ...because he was chewing on the top >:(
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 03:26:32 pm »
Venison, a quiver in the raw, and a bear!  Wow!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 12:02:14 pm »
Nice red brush wolf (but you need to get him down and pick some of those ticks off of him,  ;D ) and that's a right healthy looking 'ol bear. We had a big bear wandering around in our yard one morning a few weeks ago.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 12:35:00 pm »
There seems to be lots of bear sitings this year. This is the nly one I've seen but Lucy Brown sure has been acting squirrelly lately at night. At least the coyotes sing. The bears are stealthy!