Author Topic: Wild Katt Bow  (Read 3972 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Wild Katt Bow
« on: July 01, 2012, 12:25:21 am »
A while back Katt contacted me to see if I would like to trade bow for bow. I said yes.  8)  I have admired Katts bows for a while now so I thought this would be a good chance to get one. Problem is I don't have the time this time of year to build bows but Katt was OK with that and sent this beauty on on to me. He posted a thread on this bow not long ago.   She is a 50" t/t osage selfbow with snake skin backing(rat snake?) and she pulls 45#@25"(I pull 26") and shoots well even with the over spined arrows I had. I will make a lighter set of hill cane just for this sweet shooter. I think Katt experienced a few firsts with this bow. I remember it is his his first snake skin backing but not sure of the other firsts. The handle wrap is brain tanned from an elk he shot I think(not his first) and I love her ponytail!  8)
 Thanks again Katt. You have been bumped to the top of my list!  ;) Maybe I can get started at the camp-o-rama in a few weeks. I can get medicine from the others around me then.  Anyway here she is...

I'll take some pin-up shots of the bow tomorrow.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 12:30:19 am by Pat B »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
Re: Wild Katt Bow
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 01:23:35 am »
Fine bow and good trading.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline Dictionary

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 01:28:02 am »
"I started developing an eye for those smooth curves as a young man.  Now that my hair is greying and my middle spreading I make bows instead."

-JW_Halverson

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 01:32:21 am »
That is one fine bow. Congrats on getting her. Yes sir. Texas rat snake skin cleaned and prepared by Diego and I ;) She looks good in your hands..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 10:05:02 am »
I'm jealous, Pat. That's a nice one, for sure!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 12:58:44 pm »
Here are the other pics I promised...

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 01:00:07 pm »
...and these last 3...

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 01:06:22 pm »
Beautiful bow.. you sure got lucky with that one Pat!

Jon

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 01:10:57 pm »
Yes I love the rat snake skin......very nice pattern.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 01:37:16 pm »
That horse hair and handle are pure icecream with apple pie  ;D

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 09:06:30 pm »
Hi Pat,

Had no idea rat snake would look so good...might be one of our local rat snakes might have to make the ultimate sacrifice.  :)

Rand
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 09:21:50 pm »
Beautiful bow.  That doggone rat snake skin is fine!  You did good PatB.  I usually let the non-poisonous vermin- eaters pass, but I think that one ought to be dying to give me it's skin here pretty quick! 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 12:59:47 am »
Howard, the bow was made by Wild Katt for me and the skin was sent to him by Cipriano. I believe it was a roadkill and Cipriano and his son Diego cleaned and prepped it.
  I only kill poisonous snakes that are a threat to me. I actually removed an 18" copperhead from a road with a stick the other day and put him in the woods. We need snakes!  We have a 7'+ and a 6' black snake living here where I live and see them all the time. They have been around for years. If I find a copperhead near the house, barn or garden I'll kill them.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 08:05:40 am »
Now that is a beauty Pat,nice job katt.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 10:24:09 am »
Good job on that one Pat.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.