Author Topic: Need Quality Purpleheart.  (Read 1576 times)

Offline MrWarSpoon

Need Quality Purpleheart.
« on: June 27, 2012, 02:48:59 am »
Hey gents, as the topic states I'm trying to track down some good bow quality Purpleheart. I know there are other cores I could put in a tri-lam warbow, but PH holds a personal spot in my heart. The lumberyard where I picked most of my wood went out of business during my time in the military and now I've been having a rough time trying to get back into bow making since I got home. If anyone could at least put me on the trail for some that would be awesome. Thanks guys :)

--Nick

Offline wasanchez

Re: Need Quality Purpleheart.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 02:49:03 am »
I can't help you there but I would like to thank you for your service to our country and I wish you luck.
Walter Sanchez
Moulton, TX

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 03:35:11 pm »
x2
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline MrWarSpoon

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 06:28:50 pm »
Thanks guys :)  As far as the PH, I'm persuing some promising trails right now... We'll see if I can track some down.

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 07:09:51 pm »
There is a lumber yard in White Plains NY named Condons that stocks PH.  I have seen the bins of boards.  I can not comment on how "quality" it is, or how expensive, or even if you could get it due to distance, but I know they have it.   Good Luck.

Russ

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 12:29:41 am »
I have a piece of PH that is probably 72" long, 2" wide, 1/2" thick at the handle and tapering to both tips. I got it about 10 years ago from an estate sale of an old wood turner. I had planned to back it with hickory but never got around to it. If you're interested let me know.

Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline MrWarSpoon

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 05:26:01 am »
I really appreciate the offer Pat and I would have taken you up on it. I actually found an older gentleman a few miles from my house who had quite the supply of it and happily sold me some. Guess in my enthusiasm I was casting my net a little too far and coming up empty. Haha, should have started a little closer to home... lesson learned.  I'll be check out Condons, thanks RB. I'm don't want to dwindle Mr. Gilbert's hard found wood stores anymore than he already let me ;)