Author Topic: week off?  (Read 1561 times)

Offline YosemiteBen

week off?
« on: June 25, 2012, 01:37:18 pm »
Well when most folks take a week off from their job it is to go have fun or something like that. My week off started with a trip to the vet to get the pup spayed. Then last family breakfast for who knows how long. Moving my daughter to Santa Barbara for school at Santa Barbara City College. Any archers down there?  She currently has no place to go, not much money and is more stubborn than her mother. So this afternoon it will be off to the coast. then back home to get ready for the installation of new patio doors. That runs me into my regular weekend in which I hope to get some fishing accomplished in between chores. Next will be consoling my wife as she goes through empty nest syndrome as my daughter is taking her son with her and he has been my wife's companion for the last 16 months. WOOF! So - if any of you make it this way we have room for you.

Offline cracker

Re: week off?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 01:45:22 pm »
Dang man sounds like you'll be stomping rats for weeks to come I thought my wife was gonna nut up when my oldest moved out and she still had one left. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 06:10:58 pm »
when our kids are able to stand on their own we've done our job as parent's so good job bro', and i know what ya mean about the wife, mine cryed when the boy's moved out, then cryed when they came back ;D, they get a certain amount of independance being on their own that can make'em a real pain for a few years, see ya end of july, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline lowell

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 09:17:07 pm »
Better watch out what you offer....my wife would be ready to go back to Yosemite any time.   

My wife was the same when our kids all moved out....so she started to raise dogs.  I was ready for them to move out!! ;D
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 12:52:22 pm »
I imagine having an empty nest would be a very hard adjustment. Last week out two youngest were at church camp for four days. It's was very quiet at home after summer school. I feel your pain  ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 08:45:36 pm »
@ Lowell - the door is open.
@ Cip - I for one am enjoying not having my grandson on me from the time I walk in the door until the time he goes to bed - I might actually get something done! Keep in mind that I did not say that I am not going to miss him....

mikekeswick

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 07:06:07 am »
If I were you i'd be off up El Cap.....by the nose  :)

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 08:59:33 pm »
@mike - nah - Ill keep my feet on the ground!