Author Topic: from the gratz pit 7/01  (Read 1117 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
from the gratz pit 7/01
« on: July 01, 2012, 11:40:27 pm »
Got to spend some time in the pit this weekend.  First (L), some phosforous stuff Eddie left in the pit @ the classic, scarey fragile, Indiana Hornstone ~bevel~ sorta,  another flake point from sparrow's g.butte obs, and a point I made for one of my students who just last week gave me a few artiface spalls and I made this out of one of them...hoping he may bring me some more.  >:D And a couple of biface I busted in the progress.   :( eh..what the hey, no worries.  I ended up breaking the obs one while putting the finishing touches on the last notch.  no pic of that, I just let it hit the debitage.  ;) Thanks for lookin and replys, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline TRACY

Re: from the gratz pit 7/01
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 12:08:19 am »
Looking good Derik! Like that hornstone point! Hope your garden got some rain last night and tonight, we sure need it.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 08:58:55 am »
Good looking set of points~! Rain? What's that? Anyway that far left one sure looks like some talahatta quartzite. Wish i had some more of that.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 09:33:38 am »
Thanks Guys! I got a couple more started yesterday, if they make it to completion, I'll post again on the weekend.  The guy really liked the point, far right in pic, and said he would try to make it to a place he knows has a lot of noduals before the week is out.   ;)  dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 09:57:24 am »
I broke three in a row yesterday,but managed to knock out half a dozen that didn't (Preforms)   Musta been the sun getting in my eyes.  You are getting them the right thinness there for hunting weight.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington