Linked Events

• Patty's Camp-O-Rama: July 20, 2012 - July 22, 2012

Author Topic: Patty's Camp-O-Rama...  (Read 23861 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Patty's Camp-O-Rama...
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2012, 09:27:58 pm »
Rand, exit I-26 at the Asheville Regional Airport/NC Hwy. 280 and head west past the airport. This 4 lane will take you right to Brevard. At the junction of Hwy 64(Walmart on right), Hwy 280 becomes Hwy 64 west. Follow this 4 lane into downtown Brevard and at Courthouse Hill take a left on Hwy 276 towards Greenville SC. Go out 276 for about 4 miles and make a right on Island Ford Rd(across from Mud Dabbers Pottery). Go out Island Ford for 2 or so mile and just past Island Ford Body Shop(on right) take a left on Walnut Hollow. Go out Walnut Hollow 3 or so miles to a left on Carson Creek Rd(I will have an arrow here). Follow Carson Creek about 2 miles. You will go under an overpass and the road snakes down hill. Turn on Calico Lake Dr on your right(arrow here) and my drive is the second on the left(gravel)...and you are here!    See ya soon!   8)

ps. all milages were estimates!  ;)

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2012, 09:41:43 pm »
Sorry pat. Not going to make it to this one. I'm up in MI. Not gonna make it back in time.
Hope you have a great Bday and party.
Talk to you more later.
Wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2012, 12:19:50 am »
Sorry you won't be making it Wade but that is a long commute.  ;) Heck, its a long commute from your house.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2012, 09:53:04 am »
Looks like the weather will cooperate. We might get an afternoon shower but the temps will be comfortable. This morning it was 63 deg and it should be cooler each morning after. Be sure to pack your sweat shirts or a light jacket for the evenings. Day time temps will be in the upper 70s or maybe low 80s.
  If you need to call, my home # is 828-884-6205 and my cell is 828-507-8603 Cell servive can be sketchy sometimes here.
  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.  8)

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2012, 04:20:44 pm »
Sometime during the weekend Pat, get as many as you can together and get a group photo of them sending me a toast towards my surgery Tuesday.  That should make things just fine ;)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2012, 11:56:45 pm »
Will do, Charlie. Looking forward to your return in the future.  ;)

You are in my thoughts my friend. I'm sending positive vibes out into the universe for a sucessful surgery and speedy recovery for you, Charlie.  You've got lots of folks praying for you. That can't hurt.  ;)

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2012, 09:25:32 am »
Hi Pat,

Thanks for the directions...will head out of here around 12 if all goes to plan...

Rand
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2012, 04:08:55 pm »
Well, Patty's 2012 Camp-O-Rama is over for another year. I've got some pic to share and so does Tina Parker. I'll try to get them downloaded and posted later today or tomorrow.
  We had a small group of about 11 or so but that made for a nice intimate group. Rand(Catahoula) built a bow from a HHB stave he got from Marc St Louis and it came out nice. I bit of knapping went on all weekend, lots of great food(Thanks Tina and Steve Parker and Brian Irwin) and just a great time was had by all.  8)

Offline bryan irwin

« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2012, 07:20:48 pm »
pat made it home and un packed had a blast good food good people thanks for having us.
bryan irwin

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2012, 07:23:48 pm »
Had a ball as usual, I'll try to get some pics up soon. Thanks for having us over again, always a great time!
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2012, 09:36:35 pm »
Hey Pat, things came up and I couldn't make it :'( Sure wish I was there,oh well next year. Hope to see some pics of the fun soon!

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2012, 09:38:58 pm »
Hi Pat and all,

I sure had a great time and of course finding out I am a grandda while at the Camp-o-rama was way cool too.  Thanks for all the help with the bow!  Made it home alive and well...heading to DC to Ava Esperanza Salas and her Mom and Dad soon.

Rand and Barbara Rowe
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2012, 12:26:21 am »
Congradulatios Rand and Barbara. Ava is a beautiful first grandbaby.  It was great to see you again Rand. Glad you could make it here and make it back home safe. Your bow came out nice. Can't wait to see her finished.
  Alan, sorry you couldn't make it. I was looking forward to seeing you again. Next year for sure.
  Steve(and Tina and Cody) and Brian. Thank all you guys for helping me celebrate my upcoming 62nd B-day. It is always good to get together with all you guys.
  I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

Offline Mrs. Hillbilly

• I like broccoli
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2012, 10:33:11 am »
Hi Pat, we had a great time. Thanks for ordering the great weather, no rain I think it was the first time that we had been there with no rain.  :o The food was great men can cook, thanks Honey(Steve) and Brian the beer butt chicken and the leg quarters very moist and tender. My fried squash was a hit, corn on the cob and bake potato's with green peppers, onions, jalapeno and a lot of sensons. Rand congratulations, Ava is lovely I hope mom is doing well. Thanks again Pat I know your birthday is not till Saturday hit hit for the posting of Pat's birthday, but happy early birthday hope you have many more!!!  :)
What can I say - I'm a female?  That says it all.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2012, 10:53:03 am »
Thanks so much for all your hard work Tina. You made it the best ever.  ;)