Author Topic: New member form Maine  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Alaric

New member form Maine
« on: June 15, 2012, 03:42:37 pm »
Hi,
My name is Richard Chase, I live in Gray Maine and have been into archery on and off my whole life and have been a subscriber to Primitive Archer since Issue 1. I was heavily into target archery and bow making in the early 90’s but got distracted and haven’t done much since the mid 90’s, I have recently gotten the itch to get back into both so here I am.

Is there anyone else form the Southern Maine area on here?

Richard

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: New member form Maine
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 03:46:33 pm »
Ola Richard
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 04:00:42 pm »
Welcome Richard.  This is the place to get that itch scratched! ;D
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Judo Point

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 04:23:38 pm »
Welcome Richard! You've come to the right place. Lots of good bowyers here.

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 08:13:58 pm »
Welcome, Richard. I, too, was active in the 90's and just got back in the swing last fall and have had a great time! Glad to have you back to the addiction.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Will H

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 08:59:36 pm »
Welcome to PA! I too have been an avid collector of the magazine since I was fifteen :) 1995  ::) I joined the online community a little over a year ago and let me tell ya I wish I would have done it earlier. This is the best group of folks you could ask for. I look to seeing some of your work :)
~Will
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Alaric

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 11:29:02 am »
Here is the first bow I made back in 92, it's white Ash and was made from an air dried 2x6 that had the rings parallel to the 2” side so I was able to fallow a ring for the back.  I had some issues with the tillering and it turned out lighter that I wanted so I laminated some Yew hart wood I had to the belly and started over, it's about 46# @ 26” now. This is the bow I have been using since I got back in to archery. I know the Tiller is still not perfect but it shoots nice.

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 11:57:39 am »
That tiller looks pretty darn good to me.

Welcome to the addiction.

I'm not from maine, but I am right next door in New Brunswick.

blackhawk

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 01:00:10 pm »
Sweet...an ash backed yew..ougtha be a sweet and pleasant upon release shooter....no wonder its the bow youve been shooting lately again. ;) welcome to PA

Offline coaster500

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 03:38:35 pm »
Nice shooter!!!

Welcome :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)