Author Topic: quivers  (Read 9109 times)

Offline darwin

quivers
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:06:24 pm »
I'm starting on a new project a quiver! I want this to be a functional hunting quiver, and want to incorporate many of the things I've seen on other quivers, I'm a pretty practical person and not into decorative art or anything of the sort  (not bashing those who are). I have a fairly good idea of what I want now but thought i would post up here for people to throw out ideas, pics, and advice on their favorite or ideal quiver

MtDent

Re: quivers
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 08:23:58 pm »
Ive seen a couple different kind of quivers. My one friend went out and performed the ultimate blasphemy... he bought a glass compound. But his quiver was a little bit of plastic filled with foam that you put the tip of the arrow in with a little snap on the bottom that locks it into place. Someone else on here made a quiver from bamboo (I forget who made it). You can also get a bit of leather fold it up, make a bottom and sew it together. I assume you'll want something that will give you the most freedom in movement (because you want to hunt with it), that can hold enough arrows for you and you don't have to fight to get an arrow out. I personally prefer the bamboo one but I'm especially fond of boo in the first place even though I don't actually have a quiver yet. I wish you luck and make sure you post pictures!

Offline darwin

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 08:42:01 pm »
Will do thanks for the post saw that bamboo one too

MtDent

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 08:46:39 pm »
Sorry I couldn't give you much of a good idea :) I personally haven't made one yet (I'm waiting for my boo to dry).

Offline 4est Trekker

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 11:57:14 pm »
My favorite is a side quiver.  It's quiet, VERY quick, takes no room to get the arrow out, etc.  Here's a few pictures of some I've built:

Here's how it rides:

I also like this style:

Hope that helps and gives you some ideas.
"Walk softly, and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 02:43:08 pm »
Pat B has the best looking quiver I've ever seen.  I just got to talk with him about a a worthy trade someday for one like his. 
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 02:52:50 pm »
This one i made this winter is my favorite.. Light, silent and easy to remove arrows...

Jon

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 12:17:11 am »
Which one, Jon?  This one...

this one...

one of these...

this one...

this one...

or maybe this one...
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 12:42:03 am »
The second one Pat.  I love it.   :)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline darwin

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 12:51:28 am »
Those are pretty nice quivers

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 01:13:26 am »
Of the types I've tried, the Plains Indian style seems the most comfortable and practical for me to use.  Before that I used a side quiver similar to what 4est and Jon use, but I just found this style to work better for me.  I can reach the arrows easily, there's nothing slapping against my side or leg while I'm walking, and I can swing it up and hug it at my chest when in "stalker mode".  I haven't found any weakness to this style of quiver yet.

Here's a picture of one I made recently, and a link to a video of it in use so you can see how easy it is to use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GXUlYfLt1U

Offline bubby

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 05:24:42 pm »
i'm with cameroo this style works great, this is one halfeye made me, the bow case comes of easy if your just out for the day and the arrows are a fast load, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 05:30:06 pm »
@ Pat, love that yote skined one!
@ Bubby, Partner that is one of the finest quiver combos I have seen!

Good job all for the ideas for ALL of us!!

Ron
God, honor, country, bows, and guns.

Offline bubby

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 08:18:49 pm »
thank's Ron, the credit all goes to Rich,[halfeye], it is a sweet looker and easy to use, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 02:48:30 am »
Man I like them all. Pat your last 3 for sure.. Forest I like em, Jon that's a keeper, Bub kooky dog  >:D

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.