Author Topic: The Blue Meanie - Rawhide backed Mulberry  (Read 11480 times)

Offline Almostpighunter

Re: The Blue Meanie - Rawhide backed Mulberry
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 08:40:52 pm »
@Gstoneberg: Thank you very much! It does however have a rawhide backing, don't think I would have risked it as a self bow even with the chasing of a single growth ring on the back.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 10:10:19 pm »
Certainly a very nice looking bow.  Are you drawing29" in the pic?  It looks like about 26".  Almost impossible to tell for sure by just looking at the pic.  But figuring in the stiff handle and string angle that would be my guess.  Even if it is only 26", still impressive!  Josh

Offline Almostpighunter

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 01:53:09 pm »
That was my normal draw which is 29". Might be deceiving because I'm 6'4" and only draw 29". My brother is also 6'4" and draws to the same spot on his cheek, but his draw length is 31"... but we think he's part orangutang.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 01:57:04 pm »
Aha, that also explains how that 55" bow looks like a 51" bow in my hands.  Now I'm even more impressed.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2012, 05:17:38 pm »
Very nice job. I know that this repetitive, But "HELL OF A BEND"!
Sweet weapon..

Ron
God, honor, country, bows, and guns.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 11:46:42 pm »
Oh, I see.  You're one of those folks.  I have three orangutans that I build bows for.  I'm a short fat guy, which makes shooting in anything over 30" impossible.  Even 30" is difficult for my short arms to properly exercise.  I assume that you make your own arrows as well?  I noticed the amount of arrow sticking out in front of your carp skinned Osage from last month.  That arrow must be what 36" to 37" long.  I wouldn't want to have to buy custom shafts like that.  When, not if I lost one, I would more than likely throw a tantrum that would make a two year old stop and take notes!  Come to think of it, I do that When I lose my short arrows.   :-[  anyway, nice work!  Josh

Offline Almostpighunter

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2012, 01:57:15 am »
@Gun Doc: "a tantrum that would make a 2-year old stop and take notes" ROFL!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As the proud papa of 2 & 5 year old girls that statement tickled me senseless! Thank you!

Offline Gaur

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2012, 01:19:55 pm »
I got a note from MIke that this bow should be waiting for me at my sisters house as I am the lucky recipient of the bow for the trade.  I won't be able to get my hands on her til Sat when we are driving into the cities but will be shooting her alot at up my parents cabin over the 4th week and give a report with pics.

Thanks a lot Mike.  Hope to due your bow justice and I probably pull closer to 28" so it should be just perfect for me.

Now I need to finish my trade bow.  Working on a red elm stave I cut 3 years ago that I'm hoping will be a nice one.

Randy Bevis
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2

Offline Gaur

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2012, 11:45:59 pm »
A few pictures of Blue Meanie at his new home in Northern Minnesota as I received this bow in the bow trade from Almostpighunter.  Shot it a bit today and I like how it shoots.  Very light bow in the hand but still packs a punch.

Thanks a bunch Mike (Almostpighunter) for your work on it.

Offline Almostpighunter

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2012, 05:17:48 pm »
Glad to hear it works well for you!  In fact that group pic is tighter than any I made with her while shooting her in... must be because she's home now :)

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2012, 06:44:10 pm »
She is a fine looking bow for sure.  Getting a lot of good bend out of her.  I love the skins and the blue really goes well with it. 
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline Gaur

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2012, 12:02:40 am »
Well I was standing pretty close on that one, about 10 yrds.  They were a little more spaced out at 20 yrds but it a fine bow.

kurogane_84

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2012, 02:46:19 am »
Looks great :), is that blue fast flight near the tips?? i like the looks of it, gives some distinction to the bow