Author Topic: Old recurve bows - information needed  (Read 1950 times)

Offline H Rhodes

Old recurve bows - information needed
« on: June 23, 2012, 11:47:27 am »
A friend of mine got some old bows that are family heirlooms,  and is curious about the history of one of them.  One is a left handed Ben Pearson Hunter model recurve and is not such a mystery...  He does want to sell it, I think.  The other is an old fiberglass recurve with a leather grip.  It is an ambidexterous type - will shoot right or left.  I think it's original color was green, but it has been spray painted camo somewhere along the line.  This bow is special to him and his Dad had killed deer with it many years ago.  He thinks the bow is dated to the mid sixties, but isn't sure.  I think it is possibly an old Bear but I am not sure.  I think it pulled about forty lbs and is about 60" ntn.  Some of you historians take a look at these and see if you can tell what they are and when they were manufactured.....  Thanks. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Old recurve bows - information needed
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 05:00:33 pm »
 That bottom one looks like a Pearson all glass bow to me, kinda hard to tell with the paint.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline H Rhodes

Re: Old recurve bows - information needed
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 05:04:58 pm »
It may be Mullet...  they were owned by the same guy.  It has a sort of raised ridge running down the back of it that the pics don't show. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi