Author Topic: new to PA  (Read 2336 times)

Offline fatherof5

new to PA
« on: May 21, 2012, 10:58:48 am »
Hey yall I'm steven I'm new to PA decided to check it out since my dad is doing his thing on here. Can I ask though are yall selling these bows or what cause all of them look great and I'd love to have one...

Offline wildkatt

Re: new to PA
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 12:04:11 pm »
 8) Some for sale some for trade some for gifts. You never know. >:D

Katt
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline fatherof5

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 12:09:17 pm »
K thanks dad and this is pretty cool its to bad u weren't doing this when I was down there I coulda got into this

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 12:58:28 pm »
Welcome, Some sell some trade or give away but I think mostly just want to teach you to build one yourself. So jump right in. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline fatherof5

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 01:21:54 pm »
Well I prolly need to learn to shoot one first. I've shot plenty of guns but never tried out bows before but I gotta admitt it looks like alotta funmmm

blackhawk

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 01:43:51 pm »
Welcome to pa....i love shooting my own bows,and shoot them about everyday(close to it),but i have to admit i like making them a lil more.....how bout learning to make ur own as stated above...theres plenty(thousands of bows n years of experience here)of folks here to help ya out

Offline Dazv

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 01:44:21 pm »
Well I prolly need to learn to shoot one first. I've shot plenty of guns but never tried out bows before but I gotta admitt it looks like alotta funmmm
you should learn to shoot with a bow you have made it will feel so much better ;D

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 10:57:52 pm »
you should learn to shoot with a bow you have made it will feel so much better ;D

If you are learning to shoot with a bow you have made you are less likely to give up when things don't go right.  'Sides, makin' 'em is more fun than shooting them!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Will H

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 11:00:40 pm »
Welcome, welcome! Glad you found PA!
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Stiks-N-Strings

• life really is pretty damn simple, just live it!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 07:00:36 pm »

If you are learning to shoot with a bow you have made you are less likely to give up when things don't go right.  'Sides, makin' 'em is more fun than shooting them!

Only thing better than shooting is building!
learned a great deal many things during my absence the last few years,
True friends are rare and priceless.
You always think it won’t happen to you, well it can it will. Such is life, it ain't fair and shows no indifference. Enjoy it anyway

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 09:38:15 am »
Welcome!  You're sure to get a bunch of help here.  Lurk around a bit.  Before you know it, you'll be whittling a piece of your very own.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline mississippidave

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 09:52:55 am »
Ya'll are right!  Building them is more addictive than shooting them...Welcome to PA!

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 01:45:44 pm »
Welcome to PA !!
The fun begins here !!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline k-hat

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 02:18:35 pm »
My first real bow to shoot was my first one i made last year, just fyi.  Learning to shoot the one you learned to make makes it all the more special.  Kinda like marrying your high school sweetheart who was also your first date ;)  (the analogy kinda breaks down from there, cause i've made a lot of bows since then >:D)

Welcome and get after it ;D