Author Topic: punch notching ?  (Read 1079 times)

Offline bubby

punch notching ?
« on: May 18, 2012, 03:04:36 pm »
well after breaking three andice's, that's six ears and some practice on the broken ones i came to the conclusion that i'm not prepping my platforms right, do you think some of you can post a pic of a properly prepped platform? thank's, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Outbackbob48

Re: punch notching ?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 04:42:25 pm »
Bubby, make sure a keep your inside corners cleaned  out and square and always below center even if you need to take extra flakes to get below center. Notches also go alot better on thin bases ;D First I put a board across my lap an then lay my hand pad on it then my point on top with notch over the edge of pad  so that your flake an notcher have a place to go, I,ll get a pic easier  than explaining. Takes a little getting used to.  Clear as mud, pic 3 not to clear but notch is overhaning pad so flake can travel out the bottom an notcher goes thru also , careful don,t let notcher catch either side, keep burrs filed off of nail or can catch ear. Later Bob :o :o :o
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 05:07:07 pm by Outbackbob48 »

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 05:32:43 pm »
thank's bob, i was wondering if i should square it up or try and make a little nipple, i'll go break some more & see what i come up with, BUb
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 12:44:24 am »
Thanks Bob, I think Ill try this in the morning
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei