Author Topic: pee ants  (Read 3073 times)

Offline Blacktail

pee ants
« on: May 14, 2012, 11:12:37 pm »
i hate pee ants..and i have them in my house...does any one have any ideas of how to get rid of them..besides burning the place down...john

Offline osage outlaw

Re: pee ants
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 11:29:15 pm »
What are pee ants?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 11:59:19 pm »
Odorous house ants. It is going to take wall void injections, and baits to eliminate them. I do this for a living.(pest control)
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 01:16:18 am »
i have been doing baits..but they go away for awhile and then come back...how would i go about wall void injections...

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 02:22:08 am »
I don't think you have access to the "right chemicals" so wall void injections will be useless unless you know what chemicals to use, and where to use them. Repellants found in Raid, and other brand names will make things worse at times. What bait are you using?? Terro bait is what I would suggest for the easiest to obtain. You must not mess with the ants as they feed, and no chemicals.

Brian

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 02:46:51 am »
terro is what i have been using...i think i will contine to use it until they they are gone...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 01:07:32 pm »
I get them on ocassion at the cabin  and at home,I sprinkle black or red pepper whre they are coming in,that seems to hold them off. Don't remember where I heard to do that but it works. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 01:23:28 pm »
Been dealing with them in the house lately, too.  Need to look up the terro bait, thanks for that heads up.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 01:12:11 pm »
Many years ago my second oldest brought me the gift that keeps on giving - cockroaches. I use Boric acid for the roaches and it keeps the ants down as well. If you are worried about children or pets try Borax. You can also use borax outside the house.

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 02:52:58 pm »
Borax will kill roaches, and ants IF they eat it. (usually mixed with something sweet) borax on the outside of the house in any quanity will kill vegatation, and any plants you may WANT around....so be carefull.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 04:41:31 pm »
I have been using Borax an Maple Syrup mixed, I sure hate sharing my Syrup >:( Limited succes, they come back about every 2 weeks. Later Bob