Author Topic: river cane  (Read 2136 times)

Offline Cherokee B.

river cane
« on: May 15, 2012, 03:24:46 pm »
could some body please post pics of river cane. I think I might have some growing, but could not find something that matched on google :( I know for sure that it is not bamboo (Though we do grow that too) It is tall and slender with a small "bulb od seeds" onthe top. It kinda looks like pre historic corn and bamboo :o

Drew
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men... Colossians 3:23
Don't tread on me!

Offline burchett.donald

Re: river cane
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 06:23:51 pm »
  Don't have a pic but have never seen a bulb of seeds on rivercane. Maybe someone else will be able to identify what you have described soon.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Kullas

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 12:29:09 am »
tall and slender with a small "bulb od seeds" onthe top. It kinda looks like pre historic corn and bamboo :o

Drew

sorghum cane that sounds like. river cane is almost like bamboo but the leaves are a little bigger i will try and get a pic

here ya go http://www.tva.gov/river/landandshore/stabilization/plants/river_cane.htm

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 10:10:04 am »
Bamboo has a flat spot where the branches come out of a node.  The flat spot continues the full length of the internode to the next node.  River cane will have completely round internodes.  Hope this little bit of info helps
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline Cherokee B.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 10:47:22 am »
Thanks guys! Unfortuanetly it is not river cane, checked some books for further info, but I will see if it grows to be toll and strong like cane. Thanks :D
Drew
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men... Colossians 3:23
Don't tread on me!