Author Topic: the CTA shoot  (Read 1758 times)

Offline yehti

the CTA shoot
« on: May 09, 2012, 06:44:01 pm »
Anyone make it to the CTA shoot this year at Kerr Scott Lake?  If so how was it with the change of location and date? Are they going to hold it in the same location and date next year?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what’s for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb willing to contest the majority decision”.
--Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Offline jonathan creason

Re: the CTA shoot
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 09:43:08 am »
I was there all day Friday, and Saturday morning.  The new location was real nice.  You couldn't camp at the range, which some people didn't like but I didn't think was a huge deal.  My biggest complaint is they had to close the courses at 6 pm, because the park closed at 7.  There's still quite a bit of daylight left at that point, and I could have shot a good bit more.  Attendance and vendors were way down from the past 2 years, no doubt due to scheduling.  All-in-all, I'd say it was a real good shoot though.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline yehti

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 04:11:55 pm »
do you know if they are going to keep it the same weekend next year?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what’s for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb willing to contest the majority decision”.
--Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 04:32:29 pm »
Not real sure.  I know I heard several times that they wanted to get away from Memorial Day weekend for good, and there's another shoot they would conflict with if they went into June. 
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 03:17:12 am »
Shoulda hollered at me Jonathan. I might have been able to meet you and shoot a little. I am only 15 minutes from there. I could have gone before work.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 11:29:29 am »
Anyone take pics of the event? This is the first year in many that I did not attend and am saddened that the timing wasn't a little better thought out.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 12:00:08 pm »
Shoulda hollered at me Jonathan. I might have been able to meet you and shoot a little. I am only 15 minutes from there. I could have gone before work.

I almost gave you a buzz as I was heading up 421, buddy.  Wish I would have, but I figured you were probably at work.
Cleveland, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 12:06:44 pm »
Wished they would get off the Classic date,I would love to make it someday.  :(
Planed on it this years till they changed,can't please everyone I guess. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 10:27:44 pm »
I'm with Pappy, that has been on my "to do" list for awhile.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 08:39:34 pm »
This is the first time in many, many years that I've not gone, either. They screwed up big time when they moved the place and date, IMO, maybe to an unrepairable extent. I think MD weekend is great, myself-one of the few shoots when you have a Monday off to recover ( :) ) and the weather is usually more stable by then than in late April/early May, too.  And it was very unwise to schedule it the same week as the Classic-I reckon that they don't realize that the same crowd of people go to most of the major shoots in the southeast. Things have changed greatly in the CTA in the last couple years, it seems.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline bryan irwin

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 09:42:46 pm »
I brought that up at the last shoot and a few people and my self said it was a bad idea. and if they keep the same date next year i won't be there next year and talked to david knight and he said a harry and some of his guys left on friday after shooting half of the first range. said they won't be back.
bryan irwin

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 10:15:36 pm »
Throw some more hot dogs on the grill, Pappy ;D ;), sounds like a bigger crowd next year. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?