Author Topic: Elk leg bones for trade  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Carson (CMB)

Elk leg bones for trade
« on: April 25, 2012, 03:06:46 pm »
I have some elk leg bones to trade.  They were cleaned up and dried last November.  I cut them up for points as needed.  They are clean and do not smell, but once cut open the marrow has the smell of fine goat cheese, though consumption is not recommended. 

I am looking for seasoned bow wood, stone points, buckskin, processed sinew, snake skins, or? 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Almostpighunter

Re: Elk leg bones for trade
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 02:52:17 am »
I have buckskin to trade for some bones. Looking for the ones that would make nice knife handles.

Offline Bear Claw

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 04:18:09 am »
I have lots of stone points and stone knife blades. I will post pics if you are interested. I can make just about any style you would like.

Thank you.
Aaron from northwest Arkansas.

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 02:16:00 pm »
Bear Claw, almostpighunter got a good portion of those bones, but I have a few left to trade.  You can e-mail me pictures ( carson.bro@gmail.com ) or post them here.  I am elk hunting size arrow points, I like the 3:1 length:width style the most.  I am also looking for a good 4-6" spear point.  Something durable, and made to be used not to frame.  Long flutes would be awesome, but I don't know how many leg bones a guy would want for something like that.
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso