Author Topic: Two Cracked Holes Molly....(three eyed's sister)  (Read 6851 times)

blackhawk

Two Cracked Holes Molly....(three eyed's sister)
« on: May 07, 2012, 07:02:32 pm »
I took this stave down to the Tennesse Classic(THE best shoot n bow extravaganza EVER)and started chasing a ring on her thursday morning. This was the second bow i made down there,and the first i made on weds and turned out to be a hell of a shooter as well. But i cant post that one yet because its top secret and i dont want the person who its for to see it yet. This stave is the sister stave to the three eyed molly i just posted last week. And its just as nasty and actually in worse off shape than her sister. It has two holes,checks and cracks all thru out the belly and back,and on the belly side of the upper lever it has a deep canyoned gouge from carpenter ant damage. I wasnt able to make the levers so crazy scary narrow and shallow on this one because of the damage.  I had this cracked out ho down to full draw by thur eve and was pulling it by hand to full draw,and then i decided to do one last weight check and on the final pull we heard a tick from the upper lever. We immedietley found the cause on the belly on a small pin knot where it had a lil crack. So i had to sinew wrap the area and let her sit over night in pappys hot box to dry out. The next day i got her screaming arrows and let lots of folks shoot this bow and the other one i made. I wouldve had a third bow made but we had to leave early on sat at noon  >:(  :-\ ...but man o man what a blast it was  8) .....shes 61"ntn....60@24  :)

Hope you all enjoy this nasty Ho!!!!   >:D

blackhawk

Re: Two Cracked Holes Molly....(three eyed's sister)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 07:07:16 pm »
heres a front view alone,a side by side next to her sister,braced,and full draw

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 07:52:37 pm »
Those bows are sweet looking.  I have to try one of those some day. 

Russ

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 08:12:44 pm »
what i want to know is how many did yopu make on the drive home >:D, you got b***s o' steel for makeing bows outta some scary wood blackhawk, another sweet bow, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 09:30:02 pm »
i believe you are becoming the molly master. nice bows blackie

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 09:43:54 pm »
Sound like yall had a great time, BH, and looks like you got some pretty stix to show for it! Nice job on both!!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 09:54:45 pm »
OOOH, that is one Flogging Molli!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 10:14:48 pm »
You are a crazzzzed bowyer Hawkman...  don't know to many who would have seen the bow in that stave or made it work so well :)

Great job!!!
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

blackhawk

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 10:51:02 pm »
thanks a bunch guys for the comments  :)

bubby i didnt make any in my van on the drive,but i prob did make a few in my head  :P  ;D

yeah ive made a few lever style bows now ken  ;)

coaster i like to push the envelop and show what can be done so folks dont complain about a lil pin knot,hole,crack,bug damage,or check in there wood..lol  :laugh:

jw...too bad i cant have some flogging molly playing when you open the thread...how cool wood that be  ;D

Offline Hrothgar

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 10:58:44 pm »
Excellent tiller on some wicked wood!
" To be, or not to be"...decisions, decisions, decisions.

Offline Adam

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 11:17:23 pm »
Must be a fast shooter too.  Just look at that headless deer in the background!  Seriously though, amazing work!  Those tips are absolutely incredible.

Offline Dauntless

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 11:20:04 pm »
You made the second to show the first wasn't some lucky fluke?  These two are inspirational, you're a great bowyer.
The starving grad student with too many hobbies.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 11:20:44 pm »
Guys, I saw this thing come to life from one bow bench away.  It is amazing.  That thing would have been campfire fuel at my house.  It has cracks, holes, holes with cracks, and more.  The dye job is top notch also.  I've noticed Ol' Blackhawk likes his bow tips to be just a tad wider than the string.  :o 

How is that BL mess coming along?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 11:44:21 pm »
I also got the chance to hold and examine this beautiful bow and I also am amazed how narrow the outter 1/3 of each limb are.   :o
  It was nice to meet you, Blackhawk.  Wish I could have spent more time talking with you.
Too many cool folks and not nearly enough time.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 11:55:21 pm »
That's one awesome bow Blackhawk!!! Lots of character there. I like the red levers!

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI