Author Topic: Trying to find time  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Tower

Trying to find time
« on: May 07, 2012, 01:37:26 am »
Been busy at work & its just gettin started. Broke a lot points this week so remember slow & steady fellas. Don't rush it. These are the only ones I've finished. The larger one is out of raw local flint. I picked up about 700 lbs of it at a local back fill site. I didn't even put a dent in it. Need to pick up more but stitches in my leg is slowing me down. Some are about 50 lbs in weight. Hope y'all enjoy. Tower
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
Re: Trying to find time
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 01:48:34 am »
Very nice ! Looks like a good rock to work. Great looking points as usual. That last one looks like a real pig sticker  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 07:59:20 am »
wicked
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 08:30:38 am »
Beauties Don, both of them.  Glad you have your pickup full of rock again.  I've been doing a lot of thinning with percussion...and a lot of breaking with percussion.   Also cutting myself a lot more these days it seems.  Painful to bust up all that good stuff.  Thanks again for your help.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 09:23:20 am »
them look good man! I'm gonna make it down to New Braunfels one of these days, save some of that rock for us highlanders ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline neuse

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 10:06:45 am »
Looks great Don. How did you get stitches in your leg?

Offline JEB

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 10:33:22 am »
Don and his brother are good folks and Don is an artist when it comes to knapping.  Wife and I saw his work first hand this past winter.  Took us to his source spot for some material and then on to  his favorite lunch spot.

Offline Tower

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 11:06:13 am »
Neuse, I was kinda showing off while cutting a B-day cake & put the butcher knike 2.5 inches in my leg. Everyone there told me I failed my Ninja test.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 11:15:00 am »
Always a pleasure to veiw your work
Roger
Venice Florida

Stringman

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 01:40:22 pm »
Very nice Don. Always like looking at ur points. still marvel at how thin you get em.

Offline seider

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 09:46:18 pm »
Good looking point there.  Ask your brother about him messing with a knife and it going in his boot at work one day.. 
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of there country.

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 07:41:16 am »
Those look great Don!
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei