Author Topic: my first attempt@ a hickory pyramid that went to away!!  (Read 1389 times)

Offline bushboy

my first attempt@ a hickory pyramid that went to away!!
« on: May 10, 2012, 01:27:05 pm »
Ok ,I got a nice clean hickory board just under an inch thick.dimensions were 63" ttt,4" handle,4" frm center to two" fades, straight out to just under 1/2" tips the limb thickness was 3/8 out of the fades right to the tips!tiller was looking good right out to 24" but still felt really heavy maybe 65lbs or so.was exercising it out to 26" hand sanding the whole time when it blew. This is my first attempt using hickory and was surprised how much I had to thin the limbs to get it moving at all. I have never seen a bow break like this before, the back broke up and down like a heart monitor and the belly sheared off in a perfectly straight line!was wondering if the belly could'nt handle the backs tension in a 2" @ fades design? May be I have to pay more attension to the tiller! Thx's 4 any advice bobbyjoe!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline DarkSoul

• Orion Bows
Re: my first attempt@ a hickory pyramid that went to away!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 02:15:06 pm »
We can perform an autopsy on the body. Make sure to get some nice pictures of the body, especially of all the wounds and bruises.
What was her medical background? Did she have a broken back ring? Was she flexible throughout all her extremities, without stiff spots in her limbs?
"Sonuit contento nervus ab arcu."
Ovid, Metamorphoses VI-286