Author Topic: Got a killer knife from Hickory Bill  (Read 2049 times)

Offline half eye

Got a killer knife from Hickory Bill
« on: April 28, 2012, 10:03:28 pm »
Did a trade a while back, and was lucky to receive a forged knife from Hickory Bill. The knife was hand forged from an old file and the blade is just the way I like 'em, w/ all the hammer marks etc.

The shape is a "coffin-bowie" and had perfectly good Osage scales well finnished, and a great belt sheath. Well, I wanted it to have a more NA look to it, so I replaced the scales with an antler (from Josh) set in a slot with cutlers pitch and finnished with sinew wrap. I took the sheath apart, dyed it dark walnut, and sewed on some hair on Eastern Moose....need to "bead" the top edge and she's done.

I cant thank bill enough, and apologize for the re-do, anybody in their right mind would have left her the way she was.....hope ya'll like it.
rich

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Got a killer knife from Hickory Bill
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 11:38:05 pm »
Cool looking blade. Is that artificial sinew?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline half eye

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 11:45:59 pm »
yes it is

Offline Almostpighunter

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 03:03:32 am »
Now that is one good looking knife right there! and love the implication: "anybody in their right mind would have left her the way she was"   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Pennhawk

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 04:17:13 pm »
That is a nice knife. The blade has a good profile to it and looks good with antler. Bill is doing some good work.