Author Topic: What type of tiller profile?  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Sidewinder

What type of tiller profile?
« on: April 21, 2012, 12:35:35 pm »
I am currently working on an osage bow that is parallel for half of the limb and them pyramids to the tips. What type of tiller profile should it have? Elliptical,circle or a combo of both?  I know that parallel limbs will produce an elliptical tiller profile while pyramid style produces the arc of the circle. Considering that this one incorporates both on the limb I am unsure what a good tiller should look like. Thanks in advance.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: What type of tiller profile?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 12:46:24 pm »
Elliptical

This ash bow matches your profile to a "t".
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:18:38 pm by PEARL DRUMS »
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

mikekeswick

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 05:33:04 pm »
Mildly elliptical!
Stiffer than a true pyramid out of the handle, gradually bending more as you get towards mid limb then keeping that bend toward the tips.

Offline k-hat

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 09:01:01 pm »
what they said.  Nice bends there PD, a picture is truly worth a thousand words! ;D

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 02:09:53 pm »
Thanks for the feedback fellas. I looked at my side profile a little more and its more like parallel 1/3 and pyramid the rest of the way. It has some rollercoaster to the back. I have never tillered elliptical as all my bows previously have been pyramid or mostly so anyways. I may post pics when I'm done. I got it to 19" yesterday and should be able to get it the 27"@ 50  I'm shooting for today.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God