Author Topic: My First Osage Orange Bow!  (Read 8420 times)

Offline Jboyd

Re: My First Osage Orange Bow!
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 08:21:27 pm »
A great looking piece of yeller wood and you did a great job on it.  Your in your own apprenticeship to becoming a master craftsman now!

Jamie

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 09:02:32 pm »
Sweet meat maker for sure! great work. you think your happy now wait til you get something with it this year you are going to go nuts! looking forward to the harvest pics. :)
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Will H

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 09:18:38 pm »
Man that bow is awesome! Im sure you'll have a great time hunting with it. Nothing compares to hunting with your own handmade equipment. I got my first two stone point kills this year and it was beyond a rush!! Nothin like it man!! Let me know if you need a few more stone heads to hunt with. I'd be glad to send some your way. Thanks for sharing fella. Good luck :) :) :)
~Will
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

blackhawk

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 10:02:42 pm »
haha...it looks like that grin hasnt left your face since your first arrows out of it last friday eve ;)  ;D   you made a great osage bow,1st,2nd,3rd,or 50th,it dont matter what number it is for ya. i can say its a shooter from first hand experience as well  ;)   and yeah im ready to go hunt with some padauk tipped osage flatbows ;)

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 01:45:25 am »
@lesken2011 thanks much.  I worked hard on the tips :)
@Jamie thank you.  I definitely have tons to learn.  But it's exciting now that I know some basics I'm anxious to get more creative with future designs!
@ErictheViking for sure!  Boyering may be my new passion but hunting is my life.  I'm so excited to hunt with weapons I created.  I am not cocky but I am confident in my skill as a hunter so with a little luck I will get that first primitive weapon kill this year!  I'll be filming my hunts too so hopefully I'll be able to share.
@Will I am already super stoked to go hunting with it.  Turkey is coming up!  I got a gobbler with a compound last year; let's see if I can do it with my osage now.  :)
@Chris you know it brother!  Season can't come quick enough!!
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

Offline Jodocus

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 03:09:17 am »
Nice one, looks real good, and so yellow!  ;)  I'll probably never get my hands on any osage, but I see everyone just seems to love it. Congratulations on this one, hope it'll serve you well.

but first and foremost: good luck hunting!
Don't shoot!

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 05:37:04 am »
Great job!  I am putting the finishing touches on my first osage bow and know how you  feel.  Osage rocks...  I was a little giddy after the first few arrows were shot out of mine.  That is a fine looking bow.  I bet it's a sweet shooter. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline TRACY

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 08:19:30 am »
Awesome job and bow PA! Looks like tiller and curves are all great. Time to christen it this fall!

Well done,

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 08:50:22 am »
Beautiful bow,very nice work.You should be proud. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 10:53:51 am »
Outstanding! Congratulations on your. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 11:29:56 am »
that bow came out great!!!  Can you feel it? Can you feel the addiction beginning? I know I will be seeing more quality bows from you in the future.

Cody
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

gutpile

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2012, 01:19:39 pm »
for a first bow it is very nice...I mean sawweeeet....but a word of caution....that shelf is cut very deep....and really there is no need to cut one that deep...great job..and congratulations on it..gut