Author Topic: Had some car trouble today  (Read 1402 times)

Offline mcginnis6010

Had some car trouble today
« on: April 21, 2012, 12:50:20 am »
Well i just finally figured out why there was a rattling in my car today. It seems that when my wife ran over a log a month ago that it it busted the oil gasket and cracked the oil pan. So the pistons have been running dry thank God none of them cracked. Well i got my jack out and replaced the gasket and oil pan as well as the filter and changed my oil. I tell ya it always makes me nervous everytime i jack a car up and get under there. Im always afraid the jack will kickout and squash me lol, but its gotta be done sometimes.
Once a soldier always a soldier. Hoooah!

Offline seabass

Re: Had some car trouble today
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 12:55:29 am »
it is good that you didn't blow the motor.i also fear the jacked up car.i have had them kick out on me alot.i started putting jack stands under them for piece of mind.hope all works out for you.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 01:00:26 am »
Jackstands are cheaper than coffins.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mcginnis6010

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 01:01:13 am »
yea me and the wife agreed that she should avoid all logs in the future lol. yea im definitely glad that the engine didnt blow id have been SOL if it had i was lucky. Everything came out good though love fixing things and working on cars so it gave me an excuse to tinker with the car a bit.

Offline mcginnis6010

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 01:03:13 am »
Jackstands are cheaper than coffins.

Yea a buddy of mine is gonna give me some extras that he has layin around.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 01:10:38 am »
Get the jack stands.  A couple of years ago, a young guy down the road was killed when his car fell on him.  He left a wife and a baby behind.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mcginnis6010

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 01:15:30 am »
Get the jack stands.  A couple of years ago, a young guy down the road was killed when his car fell on him.  He left a wife and a baby behind.

im getting them tomorrow actually and i got a wife and three kids so cant take the same chances that i used to when i was single and carefree lol.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 11:30:57 am »
Jack stands, the roll-up-on-to ramps, or solid wood blocks all work better than just a jack.  I stopped doing that years ago.  Even when I was single, I figured it would be harder to pick up ckicks if I was missing a limb or dead. :o  Glad you got it going and be safe next time. ;)dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)