Author Topic: Terms of a bowyer  (Read 2066 times)

young indian12

Terms of a bowyer
« on: April 17, 2012, 11:53:54 am »
Howdy! STill cant find how to post pics >:( >:( I aint very good on computers ::) This might sound like a stupid question, but what is chrysteling. I thought it might be when you have a bow, strong in "Stretch" (cant find the word in my dumb old brain) and weak in compression. Kinda like hickory from my experience. Does chrystaling happen when you see little cracks on the belly of the bow or little "ridges" of the fades? Oh well, hope this dont happen often :D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Terms of a bowyer
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 11:55:53 am »
Yep you got it. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 02:24:17 pm »
You have to post pics to a site like photobucket or somesuch first and then copy the [IMG] data into your post.
Open a photo bucket account, once you down load a pic and hover the cursor over it about 4 options appear one is a direct link, one is the IMG data, can't remember what the others are.
Anyhow that's what I do.
If you look at my website (google 'delsbows' to find it), there is a nice pic of some chrysals on the Hazel bows page.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Cherokee B.

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 04:31:34 pm »
That is right buddy ;) Del, I saw your website! Nice work!
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men... Colossians 3:23
Don't tread on me!

Offline SA

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 07:47:32 pm »
the way i post pic is to move them from your "phone or camera" to a folder created on your desktop(just right click and open new) then you can resize them (right click open with paint and resize)  then to upload just click the attachments and other options at the bottom of the message box and browse for folder( the one you make made on your desktop) and upload them. its not as complicated as it sounds , probably a lot easier to show in person :)
Shawn Acker

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 12:02:43 pm »
Hang on I'll try that method, it never used to work.
Ah it has a 200kB file size limit which is pretty paltry.
Oooooh it works! Here's the new backstop netting I just put up in the garage  :D
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.