Author Topic: a necessary evil  (Read 2148 times)

Offline bubby

a necessary evil
« on: April 30, 2012, 05:27:29 pm »
i don't really like making arrows,i love making bows arrowheads anything else but arrows, but they have to be made, especially when your as cheap as me ;D, so i finally got some done, 3/8" poplar with self nocks, with a walnut sline, and lam burch shafts that i got in trade with pearlie, the lam burch are some of the best shooters i've ever got ahold of, pearlie made the one with the white nock, Bub

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 06:40:10 pm by bubby »
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Stefan

Re: a necessary evil
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 06:10:14 pm »
They look great!! Why don't you like making arrows and bows?? Your obviously good at it and you say they are good shooters....they outcome should at least make the effort worth while...

I make my own bows and arrows, when I beat archers with store bought stuff, I certainly like to explain that I made all of my kit myself and I am proud of it..

Iron rusts from disuse, water loses its purity from stagnation... even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind.

Leonardo

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 06:39:11 pm »
stefan i love making bows, flintknapping, making knives, arrows are just so tedious to me that they are way down on my list of fun thing's to do, gonna go back and reword that post, Bub

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 09:09:59 pm »
Those look awesome Bub! I agree with you, arrows are far from my favorite thing to make. I usually make a dozen or so each winter and shoot the crap out of them in the summer. I took a page out of pappy's book and only make one at a time now and have found that I enjoy the process much more....

Jon
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 05:20:07 pm by Ifrit617 »

Offline Scowler

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 09:42:47 am »
Good looking arrows, especially for someone who don't like making arrows.  I guess that you can be good at something and not necessarily enjoy it.  Nothing wrong with that.  Personnally I like making arrows.  Probably because its one of the few things I can make :laugh:

Offline bubby

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 05:03:40 pm »
they do shoot pretty good

Offline half eye

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 06:30:00 pm »
Hey bub, them are real nice, but if ya dont like to make 'em much how come yer shootin 'em all into the same hurt locker? >:D Sorry......couldn't resist
rich

Offline bubby

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 07:09:39 pm »
that's funny Rich, i dont mind seeing them all hit the same spot that's fore shure, Bub

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 11:04:03 pm »
Im glad ya' found a use for those shafts bub. They turned out fine as frog hair split three ways.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 04:49:32 am »
Nice looking arras ...wish i could make some that know where to go ...nice shooting ;D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...