Author Topic: Ipe/maple/boo Reflex/deflex  (Read 12324 times)

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
Re: Ipe/maple/boo Reflex/deflex
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2012, 05:04:39 pm »
Cameroo, thats a good idea with the whiteboard, you can get through a lot of paper,..Using this method will always give you exact info where the tiller is out, the most exact and simple way I've found so far.

Gut, the perry reflex is different from the R/D bow,because it has an even reflex throughout the limb, I find these more straightfoward to tiller  and the R/D's I personnaly find harder to get right,

thanks Gaur, yes its pretty fast and nice and light in the hand.
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 05:21:43 pm »
Whenever I tiller a R/D bow I start at the fades and work towards the curve untill I get it to unfold evenly. Then I usually narrow the outside from the curves toward the tips. This cuts down o the useless tip weight and helps it bend over some more. The tiller looks like more of a straight line from the Fades to the curves.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2012, 05:31:49 pm »
Eddie, I have only made a handfull of these R/D bows, so I'm still learning... what do mean when you say  "The tiller looks like more of a straight line from the Fades to the curves."? just trying to visualie what you mean, but not sure?
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2012, 06:43:25 pm »
Dave; Just like yours. The curve follows the line of your riser to the start of the curves. If you pull it far enough the curves will continue to fold over lining the entire limb up. When this happens with there is a lot of stored energy in the limbs on release. If you look at your full draw picture, another 2-3" of draw will make the recurves open all the way except for the very end where the string is nocked.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2012, 06:57:33 pm »
thanks, I was hoping you meant that, thats what I was trying to do, thats how I undertand the R/D tiller, but wasnt fully confident I was doing it right... Yeh,  I need to increase my draw length, it used to be longer when I shot fibreglass bows!!! maybe I have just got lazy...

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2012, 07:20:17 pm »
 8)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...