Author Topic: Cherry bow for me this time.  (Read 7638 times)

Offline dwardo

Re: Cherry bow for me this time.
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2012, 02:05:14 pm »
Thanks for the kind words all. The bow is very light in the hand and yeah cherries are lovely to eat or drink (cherry vodka)
Often knock up some after the seasons glut along with sloe vodka, skittles vodka and too many others ;)

Offline Will H

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 03:14:25 pm »
Nice :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline flungonin

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2012, 08:09:23 pm »
So how did you figure where to start the last part of the limb being oval, from the back/belly cross section? Beeaauutiful bow.  :)

Offline PeteC

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2012, 10:40:16 pm »
That's a beauty Dwardo.Tips look great. Is this bow entirely heartwood,or stained sapwood?  God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2012, 11:32:34 pm »
Awesome!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2012, 04:02:01 am »
Beautiful bow dwardo!
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline dwardo

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2012, 09:05:28 am »
That's a beauty Dwardo.Tips look great. Is this bow entirely heartwood,or stained sapwood?  God Bless

Cherry seems strange like that, for starters its stained all one colour but there seems to be a sapwood which is very thin say 5-8mm then the light coloured wood and at the center of older trees a dark coloured heart wood. There as none in this bow but some in the first sapling cherry i did an age ago. Almost 3 distinct colours to the wood, more if you include the cambuim etc.

So how did you figure where to start the last part of the limb being oval, from the back/belly cross section? Beeaauutiful bow.  :)

Sorry not quite sure what you mean? Please explain again and i will do my best to answer.

Cheers all.