Author Topic: American Bowhunters Association (now defunct) - does anyone know about this org?  (Read 953 times)

Offline doggonemess

• That's My Web Guy
I was talking to my father the other night and he was telling me about my grandfather, who was an avid bowhunter. Only recently did I learn that he used to make his own bows, arrows, strings, and everything else involved with archery. He was also the President of the American Bowhunters Association, which, according to the only reference I could find online, is a now-defunct organization.

Does anyone know more about them? My dad said that bowhunting and the ABA was my granddad's life, and he has clear memories of running ditto copies of the newsletter in their garage for years. Apparently my granddad left for almost a year to help set up a huge hunting reserve that the organization was working on, and when he came back, without much explanation, he put down all his bowhunting stuff and never touched it again.

I have no idea what happened, and my dad doesn't either, but this sounds like something major that some other people must have been involved with. Does anyone here have any info regarding the ABA? Would there be anyone who might remember my grandfather?

Jamie
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." - Robert Wilensky

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.