Author Topic: antler knife handles  (Read 1632 times)

Offline uncleduck

• Dave W
antler knife handles
« on: July 26, 2012, 12:20:18 am »
I have a few chunks of mule deer antler from the bur end that would make some good knife handles. I am looking for some interesting wood pieces for tip and handle overlays or horn pieces for tip over lays. May also be interested in some glue suitable for sinew backing (I have the sinew, need to get glue). Thanks

Offline jonathan creason

Re: antler knife handles
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 12:25:48 pm »
I've got some pieces of wood that would work well for tips and overlays.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline budmenchaca

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 02:21:08 pm »
I have the horns from an Auodad sheep for overlays (both horns). I also have some cholla cactus if interested (2 pcs).
Thanks.
BUD M.
~Vegetarian is an Indian word for "Bad Hunter"
BUD M.
Mason, Texas

Offline SlowPaw

• Utah Mountain Man
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 12:43:29 pm »
A friend brought me a piece of wood back from Thailand that he said they call 1000 year old wood. It was the size of a large brick and is very dense and heavy. I sliced it on a bias with the table saw and have use it on some knife handles. It might be fun to use on a tip. If you send me an email I can reply with a picture. SlowPaw@UtahMountainMan.com
I would be happy to trade or just share.

SlowPaw

Offline Almostpighunter

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 04:49:52 am »
I have bubinga, yellowheart, purpleheart, zebrawood, and very small pieces of bocote (for tips only). PM me if interested in trading. Thanks. - Mike