Author Topic: Homemade tracers?  (Read 3708 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Homemade tracers?
« on: April 16, 2012, 02:30:09 pm »
Anybody have any tracer ideas? I need to liven up my boo turkey arrows a bit and would rather stay away from the store bought rabbit fur adhesive type. Thanks for any and all ideas. 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline artcher1

Re: Homemade tracers?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 04:11:12 pm »
Nothing wrong with rabbit Peary! All use poor folk gots ;D!  Stick it using fletching tape.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 04:20:04 pm »
Then I gotta buy it Artsy! Im not into spending money so much. I considered a piece of bright, fat yarn tied behind the feathers all frazzled up?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 04:22:17 pm »
Dip the last inch of your fletching in some bright kool-aid?
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline half eye

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 07:09:13 pm »
couple of things to try.....one is to paint the INSIDE of your self knocks with a flat white (I have used liquid paper) when on the bow even the birds cant see it, just you when ya let 'er go.....second, I have some high visibility dyed deer tail, will give it to ya if ya want it...a few hairs tied in with your fletch butt-wrap and ya can see 'em pretty good.
rich

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 07:19:45 pm »
What do yu have to "liven" them up for?  So you can see them?  just wondering.  I like 1/2I's idea about the inside of the nock. I'll have to steal that one. dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 08:16:20 pm »
Rich that white inside the nock idea is a good one.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 12:45:00 am »
Pearlie the rabbit zonkers I use come from a fly tieing shop. $1.50 for plenty. Also marabou feathers work well but I have trouble working with them.    Down feathers tied at the back of the fletching will work too. The fluffier the better.   White wool yarn unwraveled should work too.
  I use flrtch tape to attach tracers but have used TBIII and Duco but have to use straight pins to stick it it the shaft..
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 01:21:39 am »
I made some out of fox squirrel tail once. Didnt seem to help me much though. Think im just too color blind for anykthing to help me.
Steve Bennett

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 08:23:59 pm »
My arrows dont fly fast enough ...real easy to see :'(  >:D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 01:39:28 am »
  I'm like soy but I have rapped white wool fuzzed up when I rapped the nock.
 I have use a white permit maker to color the nock. YOu can't beat white against the back ground of deer or leaves ofcorse.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING