Author Topic: Anyone hear from Qwill?  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

Anyone hear from Qwill?
« on: April 04, 2012, 03:21:35 pm »
Anyone hear from Qwill?  or friends with him?  I did a stave trade with him, sent mine out and I see he got it on march 21st (delivery confirmation).  I have sent him emails and PM's about his end of the deal  and I can't get a response.  He doesn't have many posts on here.  Hate to think I got skunked on here...but i guess it happens.  Still gonna give it time and benefit of the doubt before I start bad mouthing, i know life catches up with you some times....but at least an email or PM or something saying he sent it or havent sent it or needs to send mine back...anything.  I see he was active this Morning and still no response to me...  starting to look like im gonna be eating it.
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline bubby

Re: Anyone hear from Qwill?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 09:06:29 pm »
that would suck,hope your stave comes thru, most everyone here is great to trade with, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 10:05:46 pm »
Best of luck to you getting your stave... I know not o trade with him I guess...

Jon

Offline seabass

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 10:56:22 pm »
i hope everything works out for you Ryan.you are right,life throws us a curve every now and then.sometimes things happen that are so bad the last thing on your mind is a stave trade.i hope this is not true and they are ok.you are right though,if no bad stuff has happened an email would be nice.i cross my fingers because i have had no bad trades here yet.everyone has been great.good luck buddy,Steve
Middletown,Ohio

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 04:14:33 pm »
Yeah, not looking good.  was kinda hoping someone on here would know him and light a fire under him to at least respond.  not looking real good.   :(    stinks too cuz I sent a primo straight, cured mulberry stave.  really top notch....  wish I had that back now. :o
Formerly "twistedlimbs"

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 05:12:25 pm »
twistedlimbs, looking at his profile, he was on here yesterday >:(

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 07:06:55 pm »
yeah i saw that too.  and he has a PM from me, so it would appear 1 of 2 things...he either doesnt check his email or PM's or he is deliberately ignoring me....hmmmmm
Formerly "twistedlimbs"

Offline bubby

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 07:16:09 pm »
go to your happy place happy, the ball wants to go home, send the ball home
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 07:16:55 pm »
Twistedlimbs?  I have a really nice mulberry stave that I could bring you if you are going to the classic?

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 08:49:04 pm »
Thanks 'stretch.lol   I'm not hard up for staves, Its the principal behind it.  I dont have another mulberry one either, but I can get another...just gotta wait for it to dry..lol   again its really just the principal and the shipping money. I have a garage full of good staves to keep me busy
      Cant make it to the classic, workin on the move soon.  gonna have to make it one of these years tho. lol
Formerly "twistedlimbs"

Offline seabass

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 12:16:41 am »
Ryan,i also have a mulberry stave that is dry if you want it.i don't like seeing a guy done wrong.i don't know how good this stave is,but it is dry and yours if you need it brother.let me know and i will send it your way when i get the chance.
Middletown,Ohio

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 10:30:00 am »
thanks to you too seabass, you musta posted shortly after me.  yeah im not "hard up" for staves..lol  but i do need a new mulberry.  if one of you guys would want to trade one for a nice stone knife, Id be happy to do that.  this way i can build the mulberry bow i planned originally...
                   guess if it sounded too good to be true.  he offered a yew stave in trade for a really nice osage stave, which i didnt have one of those that wasnt spoken for already, but i offered the mulberry and he said yes.  trading a good dry mulberry stave for yew seemed like a little good on my end, but he said yew was all he had and wanted some different woods and was happy to trade up
Formerly "twistedlimbs"

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 10:55:34 am »
Well I am gonna give him a little while to come up with it soon.. and I am gonna start getting mad.
Formerly "twistedlimbs"

Offline sonny

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 11:56:35 am »
....gonna start getting mad.
is that really gonna help matters ?? 

simply trying to make you think about it!
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 01:06:32 pm »
Ryan, I just got home and I'll see what I can stir up.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?