Author Topic: Sample: Tech Bow Thread / suggestions welcomed  (Read 9562 times)

Offline swamp monkey

Re: Sample: Tech Bow Thread / suggestions welcomed
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 11:33:21 pm »
I wondered if the How- to and Build Along section used to be for reference only. Then I discovered the archive section.  Looks like our moderators have plenty to do and filling the archive is tough to do on top of what they already have on their plate.  Nothing but sympathy from me.  Managing a web site must be a bear.

I like this concept Rich.  Hopefully we can find a great place for it. 

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2012, 12:16:59 am »
The bows you post can have a build along, but do it in another thread then post a link to it on the Tech Bow Thread.

DarkSoul, if you must know the truth, I like this idea better. I can just roll down the page and see all of the photos.  When I see a photo I like I can stop and read the stats. If the other site was done right so I could see all of the photos of bows by wood type or style it would be nice, but right now there are too many links to navigate and I cant see the bows side by side so what is the point. They could be put into a database and pulled in by category but that makes it more difficult to pt the info in.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2012, 12:28:09 am »
I love the idea.  I have found information like this very helpful when trying to make a particular design.  In fact any time I attempt a new design I usually look around for demensions somewhere first.  So for me organized by design would be preferred. 

I know it is generally a good idea to let the wood "tell you what kind of bow it wants to be" but I tend to be more drawn to wanting to make a certian design and then search for good wood choices and try it.  That's just me.  I will admit there are plenty of times I want to try a new type of wood and see what I can do with it too but more often I choose design first then wood...

I'm not sure how my comments stack up.  I've been building bows for just over a year and only have about 15-20 under my belt.  I still feel like a beginner...advanced beginner maybe?  I fear I would be "taking" more than "contributing" since I'm not confident in doing build alongs and so forth given my experience. 

I have so much more to learn.  So from a beginners perspective I think this idea would be awesome....
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?