Author Topic: 5 curve plains bow  (Read 11464 times)

Offline flungonin

Re: 5 curve plains bow
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2012, 06:00:12 pm »
Truly a work of craftmanship and art. I would love to do a 5 curve. I'll put that one on the list. The quiver with the bead work is awesome. I would be interested in info on the red osier arrows (dia for and aft), especially for a #60 bow and the tips on the arrows. 

Offline Oglala Bowyer

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 10:44:00 am »
Flungonin, the arrows were orgininally smaller than 3/8, but I narrowed them to 5/16 and than used another stick and compressed all the fibers down to increase the spine.  It worked!  The arrows fly tru and straight.  I was worried about them wobbling but they haven't.  I believe this may have been my forefathers did this.  Of course, they barrel tapered theirs as well.  I might try that next time.  BTW the arrows are 27 knock to tip.  fletching is 7 inches with turkey feathers

Offline Keenan

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 12:01:52 pm »
That came out great Joe. I like the very primitive look to it with the sinew wraps. Great tiller and love the quiver and arrows as well. Congratulations

Offline petew

• Peteward.com
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 02:51:12 pm »
Excelent!!
 I love it.
 Pete
share your knowledge and ideas

Offline ircherokee

• flintknapper; bow maker'arrow builder.prim nut
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2012, 01:02:01 am »
  real nice job it all looks great
ol the humanity throw away those compound bows thier no challange at all to harvest game with to easy might as well use a rifle