Author Topic: collecting broadheads  (Read 1494 times)

Offline sadiejane

collecting broadheads
« on: April 01, 2012, 04:42:57 pm »
the  local broadhead collectors had a small meet yesterday. i havent really actively tried to locate em but find em fascinating.
and beings a natural born packrat-and a lover of archery in general, of course i find myself picking em up here and there.
the collectors i have met are very generous with their "traders" and they sent me home with all these.
anyone else here collect these?
tho i enjoy finding these i am most passionate about the original broadhead-native north american points.
wild women don't get the blues

Offline Youngboyer2(billyf)

• Live by the man-née and the sa-wa.
Re: collecting broadheads
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 08:03:57 pm »
That spiral one in the top row is awesome looking, I wouldnt even care if it worked, itis just soooo purty. It is amazing that you found that kind of variety you got in one trade, I see a few in there that I have, that being said I just have a few that I brought, had given to me and three that i found, I can only wish that someday my collection will grow that large
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 08:08:45 pm by Youngboyer2 »
"You speak Treason!" "Fluently"-Robin of Locksley
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 12:46:02 am »
Yep, you got some good ones. Sad part is I remember seeing all those come out as the newest and latest designs. Started bow hunting at 12,   that was about 38 years ago. ::) I had several dozen of those spirals.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 12:46:46 am »
Those are sweet Sadie.  I would sure like to get my hands on some old rotating Razorbak 3's.  I loved those things.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 11:15:40 am »
Nice collection Sadie.  What's that bottle cap looking thing?  That's one of the things my 7 yr old collects...bottle caps.  ::)  ;D Thanks for sharing, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 04:10:09 pm »
Real nice Sadie.
I have watched Pearson Deadheads like you have go for $10-$20 EACH on the auction site. Nice collection.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline seabass

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 06:29:39 pm »
i also collect broadheads.i'll try and post some pics tonight.the spiraled one is called a serpentine.i would love to have one of those dead heads.
Middletown,Ohio