Author Topic: neckknife  (Read 2720 times)

Offline SA

neckknife
« on: March 19, 2012, 11:22:32 pm »
I put a osage handle on this blade i got from crazycrow tradeing post and made a raw hide sheath(still need to make a strap for it) I wraped the knife in plastic and put it in the sheath to form to it,but...some water leaked in and started to rust the blade a little . Anyone have some good ways to clean it up? thanx for lookin.
Shawn,

by the way these knife blanks are razer sharp the first sheath i  made it cut through the bottom stitching any tips to stop that would be cool too :)
Shawn Acker

Offline jonathan creason

Re: neckknife
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 12:01:46 am »
Looks good!  As for cutting the stitches, did you put a welt in?  I'd recommend one for safety.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline SA

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 12:32:52 am »
no welt , this is the second sheath i have made and am still learning but i will on the next one. thanks for the tip.
shawn,
Shawn Acker

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 10:48:34 am »
Navel Jelly or steel wool will take the rust off.  In the past I have whittled down a piece of wood to streatch the sheath rather than the knife it's self.  Good luck, looks good, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 05:16:55 pm »
Wrap the knife completely in about 4 layers of Saran Wrap.  Works every time.   :)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 05:53:13 pm »
Navel Jelly or steel wool will take the rust off. 

I keep digging, but I can never get enough Jelly out of mine to do any good.  Maybe I shower too much.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

AUGUST KASSNER

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 02:58:47 pm »
TO HELP PROTECT CARBON STEEL BLADES AND TOOLS RUB DEER TALLOW ONTO THE STEEL.( DEER TALLOW RUBBED ONTO WOOD HELPS)

Offline bubby

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 06:47:21 pm »
Navel Jelly or steel wool will take the rust off. 

I keep digging, but I can never get enough Jelly out of mine to do any good.  Maybe I shower too much.
:laugh:
just some rem oil and oooo steel wool will take it right off, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹