Author Topic: Mini IA Jam 2012 Photos  (Read 9513 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Mini IA Jam 2012 Photos
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2012, 12:25:19 am »
Woohoo!  Shoot that thang, Runt! 

I think that bow is the 7th attempt at a red oak board bow...and the only one that is even a shade better than firestarter material!!!

Now you just need to have him do a little sanding to get rid of the pencil marks and lay on a finish.  It's an easy enough project that he can do it all himself and maybe it will spark his desire to start HIS very own bow next!

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Stringman

« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2012, 06:13:09 pm »
Boy, sure like that money shot! That bow couldn't have gone to a more deservin kid.

I do my best not to wish away time, it seems to slip away fast enough as is, but in some cases the event I'm lookin forward to shore keeps me on the edge of my seat. This is gonna be one a them cases, and since you two have already said you re willing to host again, lets talk about makin it longer next time?!? Also, I'd like to put in a request for some a them rolls again, and I'm not sure how you pulled it off but if you can get some weather that is similar to this years that would be great as well. Annette, if youre mom coyld make some more of them cookies... Thats probably too much to ask, but it would be icing on the cake!!  ;D ;D ;)

Offline iowabow

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2012, 12:53:51 am »
Hey Stringman (Scott) this is MrsIowabow.  You can bet the cinnamon rolls will be ready next year! I will definitely tell Mom you appreciated her contribution too. She had a good time meeting you and the rest of the gentlemen who were here.  Please tell your wife I was skeptical when my husband presented the idea to me of this event but the kindness & respect that was afforded to me, Isaac & John by you & all the guests we had was amazing.  We look forward to hosting again & will start working on the weather request as soon as we can. 
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2012, 10:15:09 am »
Hey guys of the primitive persuasion.Events like this just always seem to go by too fast.Especially with the way the weather was and the hospitallity of the host.Good memories of this event all the way around.That bow of Isaacs should grow with him as he gets older too.Guess I'm a farmer at heart but planting those seeds in these children benefits everyone.He sure is a great kid.Runs like a gazelle through the woods on the course too.Well time to catch up with this early spring here at my little rest area.See you guys around maybe this summer some where.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2012, 05:45:22 pm »
That looked to be a fine time and I would love to go. I am hoping that next year I will be able to pack the truck and do some traveling back east and your event would definitely be on the to do list.Thanks for sharing it on the forum.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2012, 02:37:24 pm »
Sorry I am so late posting this. I got this knife from John (Iowabow) while at his 'jam'. Really cool knife!.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.