Author Topic: Elk Raw Hide  (Read 1758 times)

Offline ojibwatbowyer

Elk Raw Hide
« on: March 28, 2012, 05:44:04 pm »
Is anyone interested some elk raw hide, im moving and I dont have any use for it anymore. Theres enough to make a tonne of glue, backing a bow or bows and other projects. I'd settle for some trade points or whatever you might think its worth. Ill post pics later tonight or sometime this week. One more thing, its comercially tanned I think, bought while passing through a small community last summer. If anyone is interested pm me. Ill take what I can get for her.

Stringman

Re: Elk Raw Hide
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 05:48:12 pm »
Pm sent

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 12:19:59 pm »
Rawhide or tanned?  Big difference.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline ojibwatbowyer

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 03:26:55 pm »
A thousand apologies its rawhide, i meant to say it was comercially de-haired. Im not to sure on the correct terminology, next time ill do my home work first. :-[

Rawhide or tanned?  Big difference.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 03:39:40 pm »
No problem. Rawhide is just dried(and sometimes dehaired) and a tanned hide has been chemically preserved.
  How thick is the hide?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline ojibwatbowyer

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 07:01:36 pm »
Medium thickness i suppose, still kinda thick in the neck area but theres a piece taken out of the neck, so its not to bad. Im sending it to stringman on monday.