Author Topic: ERC ELB Finished Videos added... a trubute to Grandpa Newt  (Read 7871 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: ERC ELB Finished
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 01:19:29 am »
Keep shooting that bow and sooner or later you will get some decent groups, coaster500.   >:D

Actually, I think you are wasting most of the target by concentrating on the center.  I personally prefer to spread my arrows out more.  A side benefit is not breaking nocks so often either, ya know?

Ok, you know what we want.  Do we all havE to start changing "full draw, full draw, Full Draw, Full Draw, FULL DRAW, FULL DRAW, FULL DRAW, FULL DRAW!

I like that bow, buddy, ya done gone went and done good.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 03:12:58 am »
Clever arrow rest!

TurtleCreek

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 04:08:13 am »
Nice, I love it!!  What a great example of the beauty ERC can have.  Great job

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 10:54:25 am »
That ERC sure makes a good looking bow....oh, yeah, I guess the bowyer gets some credit, too.  :laugh:

Great job!!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 11:03:06 am »
That is a fine looking bow.I am with the hooligans. Full Draw, Full Draw...................... '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 12:25:45 pm »
You put a lot of good ideas into the finishing details on that bow, and they all worked together really well!  It's beautiful, I love everything about it!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 01:20:50 pm »
You have come light years in a hurry Kip, nice finish work. I aint saying nothing about the bow until you prove to us it is indeed a bow......you know just whatta mean.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 01:51:52 pm »
The neighbor came by this morning.... I tillered the bow to 29 inches for safety reasons (This ERC kind of freaks me out)... I am drawing it 27 or so...  Not the best but shoots real well :)

Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: ERC ELB Finished ... Draw pictures added
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 01:57:14 pm »
If its not the best then what is it? It looks darn good from my seat buddy. Now I will tell you SWEET bow!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 01:58:56 pm »
Sweet bow and beautiful full draw. Love all the details you put into it. good work
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline coaster500

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 02:14:57 pm »
Thank you guys

A little side note...  My Grandfather Newton (everyone called him Newt) was a whittler...  He made almost all of his tools and I have a small collection of his carvings and I have a few of his tools. Since he died in the first year of my life these are 65  to 80 years old. This the first time I ever used his tools. I used his little gouges to inlay the  stag striker plate...anyway I thought it was kind of cool :)

Some of Newt's stuff...

Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

blackhawk

Thats what i was waiting for  ;D. I know pics dont do that one justice..its always hard to capture the real beauty of an ERC bow in person. Looks good to these eyes ;)

Offline Ifrit617

Whoa! That is one of the nicest bows I have seen on this sight.... Great job... Wish I could get my hands on some erc...

Jon

Offline toomanyknots

Absolutely beautiful bow! Gorgeous. I bet ya it smells great too! (love the smell of cedar). I can only imagine how fast it spits an arrow given the light weight of cedar.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline JW_Halverson

Nice practice bow, pity it's not one of the best.  Send it to me, I'll pay the shipping, and you can then start on "the best" one. 

Meanwhile, I am goin out to my mailbox where I am going to hold my breathe in anticipation.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.