Author Topic: is it junk... Vine Maple crack  (Read 4402 times)

Offline coaster500

Re: is it junk... Vine Maple crack
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 08:20:17 pm »
George the wood was BONE dry....  I think I pushed it when was was using the heat ???

Well the tape is off the bubbles are none so now we'll let it set a week or so and see if it's going to make a bow....

Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 08:35:58 pm »
I think you are going to end up with a sweet little bow. Good save.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 10:27:45 pm »
I agree with Bevan.  I've covered nasty cracks that run off the side of the bow with rawhide and they shot great.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 06:31:15 pm »
looks good to me the super glue should hold it together and the rawhide was probably a good idea sweet save man. can wait to see her all done.
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline coaster500

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 07:17:11 pm »
Thanks guys...  I decided it's going to be a bow for my neighbor Bob. He is in the process of building one of his own (the first stave had termites in it!!!!) but while he's doing it he'll have something to shoot. I tillered it out to 28"s it took about 1/2 an inch of set and shoots very well for a 57" 42@26 little bow...  Bob is about 26" draw...  I tillered past that to make sure the bow wouldn't blow. I'll post a picture with Bob when I give him the bow (He don't know nothin yet :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 07:30:19 pm »
That is a great range in my humble (old guy) opinion. I bet he loves it. Nice work!!
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.