Author Topic: The Kitchen Window  (Read 3695 times)

Offline DRon knife

Re: The Kitchen Window
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 11:03:14 pm »
20 acre(idle)corn field,deer,turkey,geese and bird crap,I gotta get out and wash the windows soon!

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 10:23:04 am »
Had 18 bull elk on the hill across the road I've been watching with the binocs hoping they would shed some horns.  My wife just got home from a visit to Oregon so maybe we can get the side by side out and go looking.  Have promised Sadie some ribs, but so far no luck with any winter kills!  Must be something to be able to pick your own oranges!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 10:25:16 am »
Trees!!  Thats the way I like it!

ditto
wild women don't get the blues

Offline mitch

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 03:22:23 pm »
lol all I see are tumbleweeds and mesquite!
"Any old stick will do for a bow, but the arrow gets the deer." Ishi

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 05:02:15 pm »
Sometimes the view is good out my kitchen window.  Winter after a snow is my favorite.

Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 10:47:38 am »
We had several hundred cow and calf elk across the road with my horses last evening.  Don"t know how to post pictures.  We spent some time on the side by side the day before and saw several herds of elk, but found no horns.  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 11:40:55 pm »
Out my winder.....bout a hunnerd yards to the NW is an old milk parlor and silo. Everything else you can see is just rolling hills, hollers and pasture ground.   You can see the lights from some houses on a ridge a couple miles away and the tops of a few barns. The window faces west, so the evening sunsets are always nice. I've seen about every kind of critter around here out that window 8)   
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 11:48:32 pm »
pasture with strip of hardwoods for the sunrise to filter through.  A little pond, a few black cows, two sorry hound dogs, the garden that is about to get planted early, green grass and not a sign of another soul around, except for my pretty wife.....  Yeah, I have a thankful heart.  We have it good in south alabama. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi