Author Topic: Rescued from obscurity  (Read 3027 times)

Offline Sidewinder

Re: Rescued from obscurity
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 03:05:57 pm »
Thanks guys. I'm pleased.  do I have a takedown somewhere in my future. I've got the sleeve just haveont tackled  yet. so I will probably hang on to one of them.

Clint you are right. when it comes time to debark thats when the real work begins. I kinda enjoy it so long as I don't have to do 30 of em. Gets my midsection firmed up a little after a soft winter. Its good low impact resistance excersize and so long as you let the draw knife do the work and not try and over power it it can be a reasonabley good work out. If any of my buddies come by I challenge their man hood and try and get some labor out of em.  You know how it is.
  Now that I can post pictures I may post anopther topic on my last bow and the one I am finishing. Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 03:08:26 pm »
That's about as clean as osage comes. Nice haul there and stash!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 12:52:59 pm »
Thanks Paul. I try to be reeeeal selective on what I cut so that I'm not putting tremendous work into marginal bow wood. As I look through my stash I see alot of marginal stuff and remeber how much work went into it. I figure it takes as much work on great stuff as it does marginal so I might as well be picky if I ican.   Danny

Offline Gaur

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 09:50:59 pm »
wow that was a great looking log.  Nice stash.  Enjoy yourself and I look forward to seeing some of the bows you get out of that.
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 01:33:10 pm »
thanks Gaur. I have been doing a little debarking last couple days. I will probabely post the final #'s on stave count when I'm done. Then I can get back to finishing my little hackberry project. i had hoped to have it all done before OJam next week but I'm running out of time.   Danny