Author Topic: How do you pick your fishing bow?  (Read 1287 times)

Offline jermcramp1

How do you pick your fishing bow?
« on: March 20, 2012, 01:16:08 am »
I have one I just finished and dont want to mess it up, a horsebow my dad gave me this week for my birthday i dont want to mess up, my recurve I got as a gift for christmas i dont want to mess up, a couple compounds I dont want to shoot, and a couple half finished that had issues so I put aside for now...and I have 2 of my dad's longbows I dont want to use cause I havent shot them that much...What to do what to do???

So how did you pick yours?
Even the dogs get the crumbs...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: How do you pick your fishing bow?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 01:19:08 am »
Make a bow!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline jermcramp1

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 01:27:54 am »
I will have to soon, but I am taking the boat out Saturday and wanted to see if we cant kill some carp, and Ive never made a bow with a deadline that worked out...

Even the dogs get the crumbs...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 01:42:17 am »
A bow is a tool. If it is too "nice" to use as it was intended you might as well make it a wall hanger. How bad could it get on a fishing trip anyway? A little water on it, or mud or even fisdh slime, blood or guts? Every bit of that washes off!  Go get a can of car wax and wax your bow up! That will protect it from most of what you will get into. When you get off the boat, unstring your bow and hose it down just like you do your fishing rods.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 01:45:54 am »
Any bow that shoots an arrow :D
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 02:45:27 am »
I feel ya.

On youtube is a kid maknig SWEET PVC horse bows.  Search for "impossible bow".  Problem solved.  He said they take about 2 hours to make and can run up to 70lbs. 

I have bows and I doo fish with them but I want to fish from a kayak... and not have a bow that can't be basicaly a scuba bow.  Pluss I need something maneuverable.

Ever try a pole spear?  I'm thinking of making one in wood this season.