Author Topic: leeks  (Read 2805 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: leeks
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 12:19:52 am »

I love Leeks, and Asparagus.  My favorite recipe for Lima beans, especially the Ford Hook, variety, is to use a couple of leeks, and a sweet onion, and diced smoked ham, or smoked sausage, in half and half, and a package of Knorr's Leek soup mix.  I don't care for Knorr's habit of putting nasty chemicals in their mix though.  But I had a Friend of mine in Madison, Fla. who hated Lima beans, but when I fixed a batch of them for him and his Brother, and parents, he couldn't get enough of them.  His whole Family loved them, so much there wasn't any left over!  I had made a big pot, thinking I would have a bowl or two the next morning.  The leeks just add the right flavor to them.  They are just so expensive.  I also used some green onions in the mix also, along with some McCormicks original Chicken spice.  Now called perfect pinch, original chicken.  I made some for my Buddy in Montana, and he and the rest of crew working on my house loved them.  But he said he was not going to take any of the extra I made for his wife, to her!  I asked him why, and he said he couldn't stand to be around himself after eating them, and he darn sure wasn't going to give any to his wife!  I am going to make some for her, when I get out there this year. >:D ;D ;D   Dang, now I am hungry again.  Still thinking about those Siberian Pelmeni, I read about last night.
Yep, like Leeks.  Ramps?  I thought those were Mushrooms.  Well I am more edjumacated now.  Why are they called ramps? ???

Wayne