Author Topic: Spring bear hunt - western Oregon  (Read 7169 times)

Offline huntertrapper

Re: Spring bear hunt - western Oregon
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 07:27:53 pm »
sounded like quite the vision my friend, detailed dreams are awesome, sometimes lately i'm having trouble remebering if one random thought was a dream or actually happened, not every, but a few thoughts get mixed up and i cant remember. your dreams are another reality you would be in but arent now because of past choices or just the way things workout. i want to try and control my dreams better to have more fun and do what i want with my sleep. this old lady i work for sometimes tells me she travels in her dreams on a go cart and has seen me a few times traveling. good luck with the bears awesome country you call home brotha
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 08:54:43 pm by huntertrapper »
Modern Day Tramp

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 03:40:57 pm »
  The bear thing hit me back in the late 90's. I don't know about where your going but the 2 I killed here in WV I grunted both of mine up in the fall. But I can't see why grunting won't work in the spring. I'd think spring, females get the picture. Or just bears checking out bears ,for even food maybe . How about a fawn call or is it to early there for fawns. I'm just a calling nut.
       GOOD LUCK
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 02:36:47 am »
I just got back from an overnighter.  No luck.  No sign even.  I am new to hunting Oregon's coast range, have always hunted the east side in the past, and new to hunting bears too.  Let me say the coast range is steep, rugged, gnarly, hair-growing country...plus there is water and fresh browse everywhere.  I was all over that damn trask/wilson unit the last two days.  I used it as an opportunity to learn the area a bit, and get some bow wood  ;D.  I tried glassing some 2-3 year old clearcuts, and coastal fog rolled in.  I tried calf calling, then the fickle mountain wind would flop on me.  I decided to walk old logging roads stop and listen and hope I could catch a bear with his head in a log, ripping after ants, which I saw flying about.  No such luck.  I decided bears don't exist.  They are like unicorns and the like....BS.  Seriously though, you need hounds or bait to bear hunt out there. 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso