Author Topic: Got outbid on some osage  (Read 5364 times)

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
Re: Got outbid on some osage
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 12:21:19 pm »
Good to see you back at it.  ;)  I am looking forward to meeting you at the classic this year.
David

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 12:45:52 pm »
Sounds like you have retirement figured out. I haven't had a lot of time to build bows since I went back to school a couple of years ago. I graduate the weekend of the Classic so I wont be able to make it, but hopefully I will be able to finish a bunch of projects that have been sitting and waiting.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 01:36:04 pm »
"promised myself I won't start another bow until all the ones I have are either finished, cut up or gotten rid of."

For me, I got bows that I have resolved myself to add a leather limb cover or snake skin or rawhide eventually that I just don't ever finish. I think after the initial bow is functionally completed, and it's been shot 1000 times, it just loses the excitement it had when you were making it. And then ill get enthralled with another beautiful stave I have been glancing at for a year or so. So, for me, sometimes I just lose motivation to finish the thing. The ones I do finish with the bowyers mark/leather cross stitched handle and all that jazz just get set up on the wall like some piece of art, I'm too scared to shoot the thing half the time because I'm too scared Ill dink the finish. However, the ones that do get all the love are usually some dirt stained sinew backed caveman lookin bow thats been dropped and bumped and thrown around in the woods so much it could make a bowyer cry.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 01:46:51 pm »
Badger, I think you are looking at it wrong.  You can never have to much bow wood.   ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left