Author Topic: Yew Belly wood?  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Prarie Bowyer

Yew Belly wood?
« on: March 04, 2012, 04:01:03 am »
So I keep seeing these Yew logs in peoples pictures.  And I knwo they are trying to make self bows and such... I get it honestly. 

But I look at all that heart wood and think..I'd love some of that.  I'll make a Boo backed Yew trilam....Just trying to be efficient with materials. 

Anybody know where I could get some YEW heart wood for a bow belly?

blackhawk

Re: Yew Belly wood?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 12:20:04 pm »
wish i could help ya out,but what i have wont be ready to saw out from a few bellies till tis summer at the earliest...i might have some dinged up sapwood staves that will be planed down almost to  the heartwood for boo/hickory backed bows. ill go take a look and see what i got later today.

also i dont remember the name of the place ,and even if i did i cant post it here.but its out in oregon(around portland area) and sometimes sells and carries sawn yew. pm me and i can give you the lead to find the name of the place. but honestly i cant remember the name,but i know a person from another site who posted the link to that place.

i just did a web search and found a couple places that carry sawn yew..not sure of prices though
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 12:29:32 pm by blackhawk »

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
Re: Yew Belly wood?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 02:42:09 pm »
I got your back on this one ON
Clatskanie, Oregon