Author Topic: P.I.T.H. March 2012  (Read 72223 times)

Offline YosemiteBen

Re: P.I.T.H. (Point in the hat)
« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2012, 02:07:35 pm »
Got a point from IowaBow - looks an awful lot like on that someones eles got on this board. - did you use a arrowhead cutter? - Thanks John - it is beautiful - will try to post a pic when the site finally lets me post. Justin says it will be after he gets done with school. ::)  Snowing here today! Winter ain't done with us yet!

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2012, 02:49:25 pm »
Got my package from YosemiteBen last night!  Thanks Ben!  I'll post pics soon. ;D

Edit:  Here is a picture.  Two very nice arrowheads and two very nice chunks of obsidian.  Thank you Ben!

:)

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:41:28 pm by jackcrafty »
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #197 on: April 14, 2012, 10:03:49 am »
Lots of great points everybody. ;D

How are we doing?  Who's still waiting on points and who still needs to ship?  Heaven forbid, have any been lost in shipping??  This has sure been fun. :)  If anybody is unable to post pictures, but can email them, send them to me at gstoneberg@yahoo.com and I'll post them for you.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
« Reply #198 on: April 14, 2012, 10:41:11 am »
Sorry it took so long to post pics. Below are the points I received. The coral point is from Mullet and the bird point is from Lee Slikkers.

These are the points I sent out. I don't recall which point I sent to whom but they went to Will H and Bryan Irwin. Hope you guys like them.

A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Offline bryan irwin

« Reply #199 on: April 14, 2012, 08:04:36 pm »
the first one came to me was going to post pic's when the other one arrives.sorry so late.
bryan irwin

Offline Will H

« Reply #200 on: April 14, 2012, 11:56:13 pm »
The second one came to me. Thanks alot man! Sorry I haven't posted it I just can't get pics to load for that last couple weeks...  :'( I'm not sure what's going on.
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline iowabow

« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2012, 10:28:34 am »
The second one came to me. Thanks a lot man! Sorry I haven't posted it I just can't get pics to load for that last couple weeks...  :'( I'm not sure what's going on.
I was wonding what happenned to ya. 
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Tower

« Reply #202 on: April 16, 2012, 08:50:26 pm »
Tied up with work, outta Town, I need to apologize to Tracy & Bone pile for not posting their points sooner. Gentlemen, I made out like a bandit in this exchange. Bone pile sent me a nice little card with the point. Its a Newman style point made out of coral. The colors in this point pop out. Tracy's point is SWEET! Its gonna be hard not to haft & use it. Perfect hunting size. I thank Tracy & Bone pile for making those beautiful points. Sorry it took so long to post them!  Thank ya ll!
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline nativenoobowyer86

« Reply #203 on: April 17, 2012, 12:17:42 am »
Those are some great points Tower :)

Sorry guys, i know i am late.  I was waiting on some stone to come in the mail, then harassing my wife for time to knap and just secured funds to send em out tomorrow in the AM :D  I am still pretty new and my trade points were darn near the best i can snap out, i hope my guys like em :D
"If it feels like ur life is about to fall apart, back it with some rawhide an hope it holds together"

Offline TRACY

« Reply #204 on: April 17, 2012, 12:24:49 am »
No problem Tower, glad you like it. I call the style a " sprouting picture point" , hopefully you haft it and we get another picture from it this fall ;)

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2012, 03:05:38 pm »
JThompson, I sent two, one was smaller.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline nativenoobowyer86

« Reply #206 on: April 17, 2012, 04:25:27 pm »
So i recieved my trade points! woohoooo :D i snapped a quick ipod pic but will repost better ones when i find my camera charger :D Keokuk from Cowboy and glass from DLH :D both very nice! i couldnt be happier :)
"If it feels like ur life is about to fall apart, back it with some rawhide an hope it holds together"

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2012, 04:52:52 pm »
Nice cache there Matt.  They look like Brothers from different Mothers sittin in the box like that.  Hope to get your's soon.  dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline gothmog

« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2012, 11:48:01 pm »
Those two are awesome.  Thats what I want to learn to do.  How long did it take you guys to get to this level?  Where do I start?

Offline gothmog

« Reply #209 on: April 17, 2012, 11:48:50 pm »
Oh, and sorry for the off topic.