Author Topic: P.I.T.H. March 2012  (Read 72203 times)

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
Re: P.I.T.H. (Point in the hat)
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2012, 10:14:56 pm »
glad you got it Will. All hammerstone and horizontal punch for the flutes. edge work with a tine
jimbob hopefully you got yours , i sent it the same time as Wills
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2012, 10:37:51 pm »
Shipped mine at noon today. Sometime this week. :D
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2012, 11:11:58 pm »
Mailed mine out today. I also got a very nice coral point in the mail from mullet. I'll post pics soon. Thanks Eddie!
A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2012, 12:40:18 am »
Jamie,
 I did get mine!  Man, that point is AWESOME!!!!  Sorry I havent said anything about it yet, Been trying to wait until I could post pics.  I got the ones that Don sent as well, they are also GREAT lookin points (he sent a few extra ;D)  Thanks Don.  Let me see if I can get these pics uploaded.  Don you inspired me to send out a coupla extra ones as well!!  I feel lucky,  I have points from two of the best knappers on this site!!
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2012, 01:04:22 am »
The first one is from Tower, and the second is from Jamie.  Again, awesome points.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2012, 08:10:26 am »
glad you like jim, that was my own personal neck knife. its been a lot of places , hope you continue to put it to good use.
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2012, 11:13:55 am »
lot's of beautiful points there guys. Dang Tower, you make me feel cheap for just sending one point out ;D. One of these days we're gonna sit and knap. Come on Cross Plains...
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Stringman

« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2012, 11:57:12 am »
Me too, Paul!

I was also the recipient of Don's generosity. These points are gorgeous! Thanks for the extra ammo and rocks!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #128 on: April 03, 2012, 12:24:22 pm »
Holy Cow!! Your a lucky dude Scott ;) :D!!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2012, 12:34:48 pm »
Sweet points Guys!!  Don is certainly a generous dude, but have you ever seen the picks of that guys truck console?  :o Shoot he carries an arsenal around everywhere it appears.  Congratz on the great points, I'm still waiting on one.  Fingers crossed for today. dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2012, 03:37:03 pm »
I received 3 beautiful points yesterday but haven't had time to take pictures.  Hope to get that done tonight.  Thanks guys!  I did have time to make another point so I have 2 done now and ready to go.  I had a blade going with really nice color but snapped it in half working on the base. :(  The tip was so nice I was going to make a bird point out of it but trying to thin the new base (old center of the blade) I snapped it in half again >:(  Good grief. ::)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2012, 07:32:24 pm »
My two went out in the mail today, sorry for the delay folks...

I also received 2 points from Mullet!!!  Thank you sir, they are awesome and I'll keep them in my point collection with much honor.  I'll snap some pics of them folks when I get my camera back from my boys.

Cheers!
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2012, 09:35:23 pm »
Got some pictures taken finally. 

Bubby sent me 2 beautiful obsidian points.  The smaller one is partially clear, the largest one is scary thin.  Nice work!!

Knap-123 send me this beautiful serrated point.

Thanks guys, now I need to build that display case so these can be proudly displayed.

I should get at least 2 of my points out tomorrow.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2012, 10:49:57 pm »
Received two screamer points from Outback Bob .he did the rocks Justus on these two

And he sent along a nice rootbeer spall that I worked on till it got dark out.Thanx Bob
Roger
Venice Florida

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2012, 01:44:13 am »
Some good lookin points flyin around here.  Mine went out today, sorry for the delay.

Lt. General James Gavin