Author Topic: Request to help learn  (Read 1306 times)

Offline Bevan R.

Request to help learn
« on: March 06, 2012, 01:43:41 pm »
I am really enjoying seeing all the completed points and blades. I was thinking that it might help me if you guys also posted a 'before' pic as well. That way I can see better how to get something out of a flake or spall.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline bubby

Re: Request to help learn
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 04:24:26 pm »
bevan have you watched any of paleomanjim's video's on youtube, also allergichobbit, the will help a bunch, Jim's has a series of video's from start to finnish for begginer knappers, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 07:45:54 pm »
Yeah, I spent hours watching Jim.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 08:54:49 pm »
I'll second and third Jimm Winn (paleomanjim) he's got some good videos. Of course others do too..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 12:49:28 am »
Jackcrafty has some good ones too, he goes by allergichobit on youtube.  He has some great abo knappin vids.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline Will H

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 09:52:58 am »
I hear ya Beavan, I'll try to post one or two from spall to point when I get get my computer fixed. I can't figure out how to post pics from my phone...anyway. I really like clovisknappers videos on you tube. I use alot of the same techniques, I always learn some thing when I watch his vids.
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"