Author Topic: Rock find  (Read 5193 times)

Offline Baldmoose

Re: Rock find
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2012, 01:54:50 pm »
There is an old agate mine here right in thunder bay.....  talked to the owner last year and he let nativenoobowyer86 and i look through the rubble.....   want to talk to him again and get permission to walk around his property a little more.
Baldmoose
"The Pain is Worth The Glory"

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2012, 02:11:17 pm »
Moose,Agate can make some of the prettiest points there are. Vines,  I never dug there,came in from the Hanford side and dug petrified logs up on top of the saddles.Good stuff it was too !  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2012, 03:21:44 pm »
Heard there are people claiming private land up there, stayed away from there but 1 time...there was a club there at the time. You fing good knappable wood there???
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 04:04:10 pm »
Yeah ! It was snow white and knapped like butter.Couldn't tell you what kinda tree.Maybe a cottonwood. Only found the one.I don't think I have even a chip of it left,all given away or made into gravel. (I was just learning to knap then) There are more logs up there for sure.Alot of it is darker stuff and you find its like all over the basin in the form of points and debitage.Saw a partially completed blade about 4 or 5 inches long laying on the bank of the Columbia down by Mary Hill one time.Looked like saddle mountains stuff.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington